Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a silly question but does the instrument lighting only work with ignition . Been
all over PapaJam's excellent wiring diagrams but answer isn't obvious to me. I suspect the Rheostat
control is not passing current but haven't yet tested it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The instrument lights are controlled by the head light/turn signal switch, independent from the ignition switch.
The instrument lights are controlled by the head light/turn signal switch, independent from the ignition switch.
Thanks for that , it was what I was guessing, have now checked the rheostat and it is indeed dodgy so looking for a replacement.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,210 Posts
You can just bypass it. There are three wires on the connector, jumper the two that are not black (I forget the colors.) This will make the instrument lights full bright, which isn’t that bright.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can just bypass it. There are three wires on the connector, jumper the two that are not black (I forget the colors.) This will make the instrument lights full bright, which isn’t that bright.
Thanks I did check over the rheostat and realised it was easily by passed by bridging the + and U terminals.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,210 Posts
Yeah, that’s it. Even good ones drop half a volt, so I typically bypass them anyway to make the lights a little brighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts