Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
New to the forum. After years of looking at Alfa's I picked one up last month. It's an 87 veloce. Beautiful car. Love it. I had the speedo repaired by Palo Alto speedometer thanks to this forum. It is working great. What is the least painful way to install the instrument cluster bezel. Someone said cut it !! I bought a nice clean one ... no broken pieces on ebay but don't want to break it. Any pointers?
Thanks...

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
cut it!? silly idea...why on earth do that?
you mean just the outer bezel, this thing?
instrument pod cover.jpg

just slips on, you need to flex it a bit to get it over the steering column shroud, but otherwise no problems....warm it first maybe with a hair dryer to give it a bit more flexibility.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 1638699

just slips on, you need to flex it a bit to get it over the steering column shroud, but otherwise no problems....warm it first maybe with a hair dryer to give it a bit more flexibility.

Thank you. Yes, just the outer bezel. I have the cluster pod installed. There is just no way to force in the two bottom tabs in your picture and the piece between them into the where they need to go as the steering column shroud is on the way. I don't want to break it trying to force it in. Should I remove the pod again (leave the cables attached) and then try to remove the top half of the column shroud. I already have the bottom half out as it was not installed correctly. But then wonder if I can reinstall it with the bezel on. Someone that didn't know what they are doing did a number to the cluster trying to fix the speedo... thankfully it is all good now, fixed speedo, new pod, new bezel .. just left to do is put the bezel back on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
View attachment 1638699

I got it in but I took off some of the material that is not visible (between the two lower tabs) and goes under the cluster pod off and it made it easier to slide in. Thanks for the tip on heating it up. I did it with a heat gun !!

Thanks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts