Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got injectors back from Wes Ingram. Unfortunately the PO did the disassembly of everything so I get to put the puzzle back together a bit blind. I guess installing SPICA injectors is pretty straightforward since I can't seem to find much info or threads on the topic.

Here are my questions:
  1. Is there any seal besides the copper o-ring that goes between the injector and intake manifold?
  2. Any thing else required for injector installation to ensure there is no fuel leakage at the injector?
  3. Is anti-seize a good idea here since there's steel mating with aluminum? A little reluctant to do that in this application.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Hi,
Only the one seal between injector body and manifold.
Ensure the hard lines are installed straight and square to the inlet on the injector.
Anti-seize is always a good idea.
And remember - no need to over tighten!

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
And, don't forget to install all of the little support plates & bolts. Without just one, an injection line will vibrate and fracture (ask me how I know).

Hi,
Only the one seal between injector body and manifold.
Ensure the hard lines are installed straight and square to the inlet on the injector.
Anti-seize is always a good idea.
And remember - no need to over tighten!

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the guidance.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
....Is anti-seize a good idea here since there's steel mating with aluminum? A little reluctant to do that in this application...
I've taken apart about 6 sets of intake manifolds with injectors and a few I'm sure have been sitting around for decades in open storage boxes. I don't recall one injector being so seized that it could not be removed without too much difficulty. So the anti-seize might be unecessary in my opinion....unless you anticipate the engine being exposed to extreme environmental conditions for extended periods of time.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've taken apart about 6 sets of intake manifolds with injectors and a few I'm sure have been sitting around for decades in open storage boxes. I don't recall one injector being so seized that it could not be removed without too much difficulty. So the anti-seize might be unecessary in my opinion....unless you anticipate the engine being exposed to extreme environmental conditions for extended periods of time.
That seems to be the answer then. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts