Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the full set from Cicognani in Italy, really nice product.

Only issue is, the various pieces that require it, don't have any snaps on them. Has anyone been through this and found a good solution?

Thank you!

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I just bought new replacement rubber mats for my '77. Likewise, they came with no snaps. I bought a packet of black snaps (and punch tools) from Fleabay, and replaced both the snaps on mats as well as the mating pieces on the floor. The snaps were very inexpensive. I think I searched for 'button snaps' or similar terms.
All that being said, the mats still don't lie as flat as I would like....if you solve THAT problem, let me know how !

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do all get snapped in or are there others that are glued?

Thank you.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
238 Posts
Like Chris I got black snaps from Fleabay with punch installation tool. PO had glued down carpet, so this had to be removed but much to my surprise the original snaps were still in the floor. I used these to mark the new mats and it worked out well. You will need to cut the mats on the tunnel side to make them fit right. I got my mats from classic Alfa and the mats had a 'cut' line to guide me. They lay down really well, no bulges or wrinkles. I think this is luck of the draw because others I know, using the same mats did not have as good of a fit. I don't know why this is, but, I guess I was lucky. BTW, I had left over snaps and did the non working snaps on the rear drape so all was tidied up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts