Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mates, I recall about three years ago I replaced the dash on my Volvo P1800E. In a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is finding the cure for cancer this was a solid 9.9. Major PIA! Anyway, I was wondering how difficult the job is on a 72 GTV and what are your comments on the Centerline dashes apart from the fact that they are pricey.

Thanks, Rique

·
Registered
82 Posts
I purchased a new dash from centerline this past summer for my 74 GTV.

You are right it was very pricey, but once installed and 6 months later the pain and shock is wearing off:p

Seriously though, the dash looks great and on a scale of 1 to 10 to install it is about a 4. There are some good threads on removal of the dash and how many fasteners there are to remove. Read those thoroughly it will save you a huge amount of time and aggravation.

Good luck

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Tone, thanks for the info on the dash. Glad to see its not "that" complicated. I wonder as far as the quality of the dash is it as stated better than the original?

Thanks, Enrique

·
Registered
82 Posts
Enrique,

I have no complaints with mine.
It fit perfectly, no shimming or cutting was required, and as for looks I would wager that no one could detect it was not the original except of course it looks to good to be 34 years old ;)

I am sure you will be happy with the product, the guys at centerline are very helpful and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Depending upon the condition of your windscreen (good or old/chipped/scratched) it may be worth your while taking the screen out and fitting a new one as this wil make the dash job much easier! I would hate to have to instal one with the screen in place...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts