Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am installing a manual AAV. Since it is hard to see the firewall I was wondering where others have run the control cable? So I can close the AAV after the motor warms up. To open the hood to open the valve, start the car wait till the motor warms up then get back out to close the valve (lowering the rpms) then driving is a pain.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's been a while since I installed mine, but if I remember correctly I just found a suitable spot and drilled a small hole in the firewall just big enough for the choke cable to fit through.

Cars and boats are similar in that they aren't really yours until you drill a hole in them somewhere... :)

I'm pleased as punch with my manual AAV, it works just fine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
For another approach.. I installed the choke cable for my manual AAV through the transmission tunnel: drilling a suitable hole to through transmission cap that the rubber bellows connects through. My AAV cable replaces one of the power window blanks in my Graduate.

Call me weak, but I couldn't find a suitable place to drill hole in the firewall. I keep thinking that a DC servo from a R/C airplane would make a really handy AAV control device if the servo could handle the temps in the engine compartment.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
971 Posts
"Call me weak, but I couldn't find a suitable place to drill hole in the firewall. I keep thinking that a DC servo from a R/C airplane would make a really handy AAV control device if the servo could handle the temps in the engine compartment."

I've had a similar thought...something that could be fully open to fully closed through a rheostat or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts