Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Centerline rear muffler eliminator/straight pipe with stock looking chrome tip and it arrived today. $63 + shipping.

It was a very easy install. The stock muffler/pipe is held in with just 4-bolts. The Centerline pipe came with a new donut gasket and it uses the stock hanger bracket.

The car sounds a LOT better now. More like a sports car should!

The stock system (cat/center muffler/rear muffler) was just way too quiet for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Sounds nice don't it!!! I regretted getting it though, IAP has the same thing in Stainless steel with the polished tip. They are nice, no matter what though!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have tried this tube on my car, dident like the sound, it is "wrong", too "hollow", not crisp / deep in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I agree. I installed a Centerline staight section rear pipe on my '91 Spider and like the sound. It's not too loud, but more sporty than stock.

I ordered a Centerline rear muffler eliminator/straight pipe with stock looking chrome tip and it arrived today. $63 + shipping.

It was a very easy install. The stock muffler/pipe is held in with just 4-bolts. The Centerline pipe came with a new donut gasket and it uses the stock hanger bracket.

The car sounds a LOT better now. More like a sports car should!

The stock system (cat/center muffler/rear muffler) was just way too quiet for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got one made locally and remove chrome end outlet and rewelded to new pipe
Same look, better sound

·
Registered
152 Posts
I installed the Centerline pipe on my 1969 Round Tail Spider. The chrome tail piece vibrates against the rear body panel. Anyone have this problem? I can't see a way to make an adjustment to correct the fit or alignment.

Thanks

Dimitri

·
Premium Member
21,929 Posts
It should be adjustable at the rear rubber hanger. The bracket normally has a slot in it to allow some vertical adjustment. Same with the bracket at the middle muffler in front of the axle.

Andrew

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds nice don't it!!! I regretted getting it though, IAP has the same thing in Stainless steel with the polished tip. They are nice, no matter what though!
But, IAP's SS pipe is $100 MORE than the Centerline steel one w/chrome tip.

I'll keep the $100 difference for something else to buy for the car! :)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
But, IAP's SS pipe is $100 MORE than the Centerline steel one w/chrome tip.

I'll keep the $100 difference for something else to buy for the car! :)
That's what I thought too! Congrats!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I installed the Centerline pipe on my 1969 Round Tail Spider. The chrome tail piece vibrates against the rear body panel. Anyone have this problem? I can't see a way to make an adjustment to correct the fit or alignment.

Thanks

Dimitri
When I installed mine on my '67 Roundtail, I had the same problem. There was no way I could adjust things to make it fit. I ended up going to a muffler shop and having them put a kink in the pipe with their cold bending machine to move it down and away from the body. I love the sound.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks. I believe you are correct.

I have tried to adjust but don't see a way to alter it enough to make an improvement. I put one of these on my GTV and had no problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts