Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just put in an electronic distributor and blue coil that I got from Vick's Motorsports, and I disconnected the thick white wire from the electric control unit in the back right sidewll, and taped it up, and hooked the positive and negative wires to the coil. Now I have no fire to my injectors. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
78 Alfa Spider
328 Posts
what model and year Alfa do you have? What do you mean "no fire" to the injectors?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What (color) wires are connected to the coil?

The drive relay requires a sense wire from the coil to 'know' the engine is running. It then sends power to the fuel pumps.
What was the resolution?
The ECU plug was not snapped in well
We have had a loss of power on acceleration, otherwise it ran great. We found all the air leaks, and thought an electronic distributor would help, which it did. We will continue working this evening, or tomorrow to find out if it is resolved. The engine has been rebuilt completely, but had loss of power accelerating. It runs and accelerates great once you get going. I have replaced, checked, or had rebuilt everything to do with the system, ECU, Mass airflow meter, both fuel pumps, hoses.

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
The Bosch Blue coil will make much weaker sparks than the coil that was OEM on L-Jet Spiders.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Bosch Blue coil will make much weaker sparks than the coil that was OEM on L-Jet Spiders.

Thank you for the information Ed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts