Alfa Romeo Forums banner

261 - 280 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
Some more observations:

1. In the 4th picture "What is the purpose of this part?", I believe the purpose of the bracket part is that it provides the attachment point for a spring that would go between that bracket and the extension of the shaft that acts as a rotating point for the mechanism.

2. It is possible that the threaded rod screws into where a bolt has been inserted on the radiator.

3. The lateral metal brackets that point away from the radiator may have to be rotated 90 degrees to point towards the blind (the sharp creases in those brackets may line up with one side of the U-bracket that is fixed on the radiator). This would move the pivot point closer to the blind.

4. In conjunction with #3, the part with the threaded rod and the ramp may have to be turned around, so that the ramp acts on the lever on the blind (on one side of the pivot point), and the threaded rod is on the other side of the pivot point.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Chris
Did you take a picture with the original radiator that I lent you?
The thermostatic capsule of your radiator does not seem to be the same...

Yves

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Hello Yves,

No I don't have picture of the radiator with me. But I have the same "sensor" you gave me inside my radiator.

I think there is something missing/broken on the old system.

Tubut, the diagram coming from 6C is helpful. But, the 1900 system don't have return spring from what I remember...

Always waiting for info 0:)

We worked today on the copy...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
It's a very nice and good idea !! :smile2:

I am very interested in the sensor area and the connecting system with the top of radiator, and the linkage from radiator to the shutters.0:)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Many thanks to all of you. Things are clear now.

No physical contact between radiator and opening system.

The system I have now as model is broken from years. The little wheel is missing. We will recreate the part.

My radiator has the sensor in.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #270 (Edited)
Again pictures provided by 1965 101 ask me questions.

I discover on pictures a big spring on the top of opening system. What is its function ?

I pictured at last Retromobile, in Paris, the same system, but with spring under the opening system..

the mystery remains...

is it a help to the opening of the shutters ?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Chris,

Seeing the first picture I thought the spring is not in place. He should press the lever to keep the shutters closed. And the thermostatic capsule opens them dilating. The shape of the spring seems to be adapted.

But the second seems to say the opposite ....Maybe it is to let the shutters always open and thus not have problems of overheating. The spring seems to run contrary to the logical sense.

Yves

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Hello Yves,

A good thinking !

You know, even cars completely restored have little mistakes sometimes...
So picture 2 maybe is wrong as well ?

Chris

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
After the shutters, we are going to reproduce the opening system.

We already made a part.

The second one has a missing part. We are going to make it with the 3D printer. We'll see in a couple of weeks...:smile2:

Still looking for the upper big spring. Or maybe I will make a similar idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Lot of work and no time to post some info about the CSS.

In the meantime, the alfa bb forum has changed. I wasn't sure I will come back....All white, with my eyes, not very good. And I discovered that we can replace the white page by a black one ; my eyes said thank you to me !

So I will post news in continuation.

The body (what a long work) is near finished in "raw" version. Then the coachbuilder will start the finishing work, with the appearance, the gaps and so on.

We begin to present the sub-sets and we realize that there is work to adjust everything and that everything comes well in place. for example, the exhaust system, the steering system, the clutch system and so on.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #280 (Edited)
The center steering wheel 1900 css.

Looking for info about the mechanism of the center sterring wheel and because of the lack of info (as susual on these cars), I would try to show all the parts and what I figured out.

there are 2 springs, the one for the lights has small lugs at its ends to lock on the upper and lower parts. The upper part is the steering wheel center part nr 3 on the catalog parts and the lower part is part nr 15.

the part nr 2 is special. I put a picture with sections that are isolated from each other.
  • the bottom disc is isolated from the rest of the part
  • the central cone and his stud is isolated from the rest of the part
  • the 2 stud on the top are linked with the half moon and isolated from the rest of the part
Hope it's clear...:cool:

So the bottom disc is for the horn
The 2 upper studs linked together are for the light
The other stud is the electrical point of attachment of the wire for the horn. When we moved the horn circle, one part is in contact with the bottom disc, the other with the cone, and the horn is working.

I don't have yet the rubber part, but you can find it at Elvezio or Cicognani.

The part nr 17 is in place with part nr 15 through part nr 16. I don't have this last one and make something from rubber (see first picture below), it works

261 - 280 of 285 Posts