Alfa Romeo Forums banner

241 - 260 of 285 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,326 Posts
It is made/packaged by a USA bodywork material supplier called "Eastwood" You might Google the company and contact them for a similar product in Sweden. Many of us in the USA use their products for vintage restorations because the look correct and stay looking that way for years.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Don,

you have some news for the banjo thread ?

I'm sure it's the same as the 750/101 engine. But I don't know it...

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts
Don,

you have some news for the banjo thread ?

I'm sure it's the same as the 750/101 engine. But I don't know it...
My apologies... I got distracted. A neighbor needed help installing a fresh engine.

I’ll get the info later today. It is 4am at this moment.

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts
No worries.
you can do the nap before you start watching 0:)0:)0:)
Hiya,

The thread in my 2000 block is 12MM X 1.25.

Here's a pic of some of the banjo fittings I have. All three threads are different. I've got more of these things laying around somewhere.

If I recall, I bought both a banjo bolt, AND a nifty banjo fitting from Summit Racing. Classic Alfa sells a neat hose, although I've made them up using various hydraulic hose and AN fittings, with adapters at both ends. This isn't a hose I care to let get old, dry, and fragile.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts
By the way, if I recall, the original banjo bolt (and fitting) has a larger “stepped” shank near the head, and smaller near the block. Thus, it requires two different sizes of copper sealing washers. It may be the one I got from Summit Racing is not stepped. Not sure at this moment. So long as the bolt, fitting, and washers match you should be OK.

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
FWIW, on 106 engines, the banjo bolts for the oil pressure gauge seem to be either 3/8" or 10 mm (I won't be able to check right now) with extra fine thread, and 2 different size copper crush washers, as Don mentioned.

P1110765 (rotated + cropped 2).jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ciao Chris,
Tomorrow I hope to show here banjo bolt.
It's in brass and not common because has a lot oh holes.

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts
As there is essentially no flow through the banjo bolt or line to the gauge, any 12 X 1.25 banjo bolt with the right length for the fitting and engagement will work fine. It is also unlikely that any variance from the original appearance would be easy to see down there.

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
FWIW, here are some parts numbers for the banjo bolts for the oil pressure gauge hose:

750/101: Stud 1315.10.059 with acorn nut 1315.10022 instead of banjo bolt, 3x crush washer 2340.32234 (12,2 -- 2x for banjo, 1x for stud to block).
1900: Banjo bolt 1356.88.052, 2x crush washer 2340.32234 (12,2).
2000: Banjo bolt 1356.88.052, 2x crush washer 2340.32234 (12,2).
2600: Banjo bolt 1315.10.102, 2x crush washer: outer 2340.32234 (12,2), inner 2340.32232 (10,2).

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
So, banjo is the same for all the engine. Washer is the same. just inner washer 2600...

But the question is : what the thread ? not so easy, even with th eengine bloc, I can't figure out the correct measurement. Inch and mm are so close sometimes, and the hole in engine block is not so big.

Thank you all of you. Appreciate the picture from Gigi. If I have the correct thread, I will make a new one, with these interesting holes.

·
Registered
9,283 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts
So, banjo is the same for all the engine. Washer is the same. just inner washer 2600...

But the question is : what the thread ? not so easy, even with th eengine bloc, I can't figure out the correct measurement. Inch and mm are so close sometimes, and the hole in engine block is not so big.

Thank you all of you. Appreciate the picture from Gigi. If I have the correct thread, I will make a new one, with these interesting holes.
Did you not receive my post about the correct thread?

This part is a worldwide standard part. It is found on cars and motorcycles worldwide.

I can easily get you one and mail it, but you can probably walk to a nearby motorcycle shop and get one.

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
The radiator shutters, another mystery that must be solved :nerd:

I met Vaujoyeuse, nice member of this forum. He has a superb 1900 css Tipo IV that we can read a thread in this forum.

He lent me a shutters system for radiator. We are going to make a copy for the car.

But, as usual, questions appear...

1°) How the system is controlled ? OK, there is a sensor that comes out of the radiator, once at a temperature.
But the end of this sensor must push "something" to operate the shutters. I can't figure out.

The system I have is coming from a single car, but the axe seems to be too long... (pictures)

2°) The sensor is it may be physically connected to the shutters system ?

If you have one like that on your car, please send me pictures 0:)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
A couple of observations:

1. Pages 118-119 of the parts catalog Pub. 596 (dated 04-1960) show an item #9 "Termostato per comando persiana" -- the element that presumably extends and opens the blind when a certain temperature is reached via a that seems to have a protruding piece (see Google search for such elements) -- but I cannot tell if this thermostat is present or absent and/or how it would be installed (maybe the hex head visible in your pictures is a screw that has been inserted as a plug? Also, the drawing gives me the impression the thermostat may be installed from the front?).

2. It is possible that the device with the threaded rod is installed the wrong way around. In my mind, it is conceivable that the "ramp" that is shown between the U-bracket actually might direct the lever bracket on the blind, and that the threaded rod may point towards the thermostat in the radiator.

I guess more pictures that show how the mechanism that opens and closes the blind is installed in other cars may be required.

Pub. 596 (04-1960) - AR 1900 - p.118-119.jpg

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
I don't know if it is of any help, but here is a diagram from the 6C 2500 parts catalog from 1949.

Pub. 4912 (10-1949) - p.065.jpg

Pub. 4912 (10-1949) - p.064.jpg

Pub. 4912 (10-1949) - p.066.jpg

241 - 260 of 285 Posts