Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as a general question, which I can't seem to find an answer to, are there any spots on the forums where there are "stickies" for common questions, specifically Milano procedures; IE the Greg Gordon PS rack conversion etc. "how to"? I'm pricing racks now and am currently depressed by the prices. I've got an inch or so of play at the steering wheel, so I'm guessing it's shot, but while I've got the engine out...and I've got to go to work, reality intrudes again! and yes I tend to ramble. Thanks.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,083 Posts
You'll get better responses if you give your post a relevant title.

Sure it's not just the tie rod ends that are shot? The Milano racks tend to leak but having play in the rack itself isn't a problem I've seen a lot about.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Check the rack bolts. I have had several milanos with a loose rack, it will move sideways a little and mess up the steering.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies and I see what you mean Gubi. The tie rods are good and the rack was mounted tight, but the toothed rack moves laterally fine but also comes vertically about a half an inch so I'm looking at a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts