Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
I was also curious about this. Can you run the Eibach springs front and back with everything else standard?
Maybe just upgrade to Red Koni shocks.
After Rebuilding The Front & Rear Suspensions (bushings, ball joints, etc. etc. - yet keeping the stock springs) On My 73 Spider The Ride Height Was Entirely Too High, (you could easily put your fist between the top of the tire and the fender well) US Federal Mandated Height? I Didn't Want To Alter The Ride Quality (not excessively anyway) So Decided To Go With Eibach Springs From Classic Alfa. There Literature States That The Springs Will Lower The Car Approximately 40mm And Are Slightly Stiffer. That's Probably Lower Than I Wanted But Was Prepared To Shim The Springs If Necessary. After Installation The Measured Ride Height Was Reduced 1". The Car Now Has The Stance Of A Euro Spec Car (not too low in my estimation) And Is Only Slightly Stiffer. I Would Recommend The Eibach Springs For A Standard/Non-Modified Car.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Well that's good to hear, as this will be essentially my Duetto setup when finished. I have the yellow Centerline springs and all new bushings. The '67 had no rear bar and I've always wondered about that.

Thanks!
You're welcome.

Here's a shot of her stance with original steelies, and also 15 x 6 Maxilites with 175/70/15s.

IMG_2430 by tjveloce, on Flickr

IMG_2437 by tjveloce, on Flickr

-tj in the Cruz Mtns

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So just re-read (multiple times) this great thread as it is time to make my purchase.

Can anyone comment further on any experience they have with Eibach springs on their 105/GTV? That is what I am leaning toward at the moment to achieve "better than stock handling, but no sump scraping or excessive teeth rattling on bumps in the road..."

Thanks.

·
Registered
989 Posts
So just re-read (multiple times) this great thread as it is time to make my purchase.

Can anyone comment further on any experience they have with Eibach springs on their 105/GTV? That is what I am leaning toward at the moment to achieve "better than stock handling, but no sump scraping or excessive teeth rattling on bumps in the road..."

Thanks.
Bump ??

21 - 24 of 24 Posts