Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5 3/4" Headlight Help

I have an Alfa Powered "Special" that has 5 3/4" headlights designed to be recessed into the fenders with a chrome trim that sits flush with the fender so that any retaining screws are hidden behind it. From what I can tell, early GTV's used this type of light before they went to the later 1750/2000 grille, but am not definite on that. Can any of you provide more detail on this and if that is the case, help with where to source two of the inner 5 3/4" headlight assemblies? Thank you!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I would post pics to help show what I am talking about. Initially thought the builder simply relocated the Bugeye lights to the fenders, but they are too big. Again, any help is appreciated Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like a Mk1 'Frogeye' Sprite without its frogeyes... and with the rear overiders added to the front... looks rather good I reckon!

What motor does it have?

Simon

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a Frogeye without it's Frogeyes....and it has a '59 Type 102 2,000cc engine/transmission, modified MGA rear end, modified suspension including disc brakes, and a list of other goodies in order for the original builder to go racing back in the 60's. Interesting car, and I am looking forward to getting it back on the road. Thanks for all the help everyone! Looks like I have the light situation figured out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts