Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slightly confused. I may have an idea to fix the inner door handles for the Milanos and no one seems to be interested. I have gone through quite a few handles myself and i have seen others complain about them on here before. I know from experience how frustrating it is to have one break off in your hand or worse how embarassing when it is in the hand of your lady. At any rate, if anyone is interested please either drop me suggestions or comments.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
HAHAHAHAHHA!

That'd be so weak, if you meet a new girl and she opens the door (in the milano) and the handle snaps. I can just picture it.

"What a cheap peice of sh*t"
"it's some werid car called alpha romeo"

sorry my imagination is getting carried away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it was embarrassing. The worst part of it was my wife, who coincidently thinks Alfas are junk, is the one who has pulled the handle off. If it was a first date with my wife I would have totally died. It is hard enough explaining the ARC.

As far as the inner door handles, they are a weak part of the Milano. The plastic cannot take repeated pulls. eventually it will shatter and you will be holding the handle in your hand away from the door.

Coincidently my wife is Italian and she always wants to take the Milano on long trips because it is real comfortable for her. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You need a metal double-L bracket. The bracket has to contour properly to the plastic piece so the handle cover can fit on properly. Not too difficult to make. I can show you how to make it in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
tech articles

Hey 75evo,

Simon and I have a idea of starting up tech articles for all kinds of alfa stuff.

I think if you took some step by step pictures and instructions, it'd be great for the future tech articles for alfabb.

Thats something that will help a lot with Milano's!

If you have a digi camera and its not a hassle... then we'd be siked!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
milano door handles

i have done the metal bracket trick which works fine. another time i was at the airport where my uncle works when one broke. he gave me some epoxy (he said it works fine on the planes all the time). i glued to together and it was dry by the time i made it back home to pick up some friends. saved me a whole bunch that day.
anthony

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
my solution is to make the bracket and epoxy it to the handle. It will last forever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts