Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an inline blade style fuse mounted on left engine compartment by the main junction block of my '85 spider. I can't find it listed or pictured in my shop manual. It is blown, and blows when i replace it with the 20 amp blade it came with. Everything appears to work fine in the car. Nothing inop! Does anyone know what circuit this fuse protects and the correct rating?

Thanks

·
Registered
970 Posts
This fuse is for the Auxilary cooling fan (for A/C) located in front of your radiator. The Fuse supplies 12Vdc from the junction box to the two relays located on the passenger side inner fender well. Make sure the wire connection is not frayed and grounding out on anything.

Your A/C will still work but will not be quite as efficient since there will be no additional air from the Aux fan blowing across the condensor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that makes sense. A/c has been rather lame. Do you happen to know the amperage rating? Thanks again

·
Registered
65 Posts
The wiring diagram in the manual doesn't include the AC, which I think was a dealer installed option for my 85 graduate.
Papajam's excellent diagrams do show the AC circuits and list this fuse as 20A. Mine was blown too and a previous owner had a 15A fuse in there. Since I replace with the proper fuse all is good now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts