Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

New member here and my first post (and yes I will post some pictures when I get a chance). Will be getting my fuel injectors back from Cruzin Performance and re-installing this weekend on my 91 Spider Veloce. Any suggestions or tricks on re-assembly order.

Specifically, assuming the injectors are fitted with the OEM hoses, would it be easier to attached the injectors to the fuel rail before mounting them to the engine injection port or mount them first then attach the hoses to the fuel rail.

I was planning on mounting the injectors in the engine first then attaching the hoses to the fuel rail and carefully using a heat gun and some kind lubricant on the hoses.

BTW I have been eavesdropping (spelling?) on the BB for a couple of weeks and am amazed by the amount of good information available to Alfa owners. I had a Duetto back in the mid-70s and everything was trial and error (mostly error).

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
18,292 Posts
Well, OK, just this once.

Either way will work.

Installing the injectors first & then pushing on the hoses might be easier in that access to the injector retaining screws might be better. And maneuvering the bare fuel rail into place should be easier, too. However, bending the short hoses onto the injector's might not be easier...

When I did the deed on our '84 Spider I assembled the injectors to the fuel rail then put the whole assembly onto the engine. No insurmountable problems that I recall.

Either way, measure the length of the hoses needed. And, if the S4's are the same as the S3's, don't forget to put the cup-shaped washer in place before* you push the hose onto the barbs. It is a one-time assembly - once the hose is on it must be destroyed to be removed. (* DAMHIK)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I too assembled my whole fuel rail, injectors & all, on the workbench. Seemed easier than in situ--especially considering the CSI hose.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I carefully installed the injectors into their places. #1 and #2 with cut to legth fuel hoses attached. Then I installed #3 and #4 (no hoses).
I then put the CSI hose onto the rail, as well as the hose for #3 and #4 injector. Once I placed the rail in place I then pressed in the connecting hoses other end. That way I did not stres tyhe injector pintle caps and I was able to reach and tighten all the allen screws to orient the injectors carefully. I wrote an article for the Alfa Romeo Club Canada on my experience. send me your email in a PM if you want a copy.

Best regards, Elio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts