Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, for a long time ago I am dreaming to have an A/C in my Bertone GTV 2000 and somebody purpose to me an A/C set but I need some infos and specially pictures, drawing, electric diagram, etc.

So if somebody here is a lucky owner of an Alfa GTV 2K with A/C or simply a dismantling kit, please, make me pictures, a lot of please !

If you have pictures on your hard disk, even if it's a detail, bad pictures, put them here !

Installation in front of the motor, the specific console, where the tube get past, where the radiator is, etc...

Because there is no a lot of infos about this rarely option and I think it could interest some people here !

Thanks

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,542 Posts
I had a/c on my 72 way back when and it was a pita. robbed a lot of hp. I've been thinking of some sort of aircraft a/c set up driven by an electric motor with all that in the back. Don't know if there are alternators with the amps to drive it but it just doesn't seem right to mess up the beauty of an Alfa motor with a big heavy compressor taking up all that room up front. The may sound crazy and it probably is but they make some pretty small window units that possibly could fit in the trunk and duct the cold air to the cabin. Get a big alternator and an inverter and there ya go!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I know is the old compressor is YORK make and this one is no more useful because of the new calorific gaz, but it could be changed by YORK too but modern one with smoother clutch or even other brand more powerfull and effective because YORK are not the best manufacturer.

Finaly the most important parts are the one inside the car just under the dashboard and the arm to fix the compressor in front of motor, but this last could be manufacture by welding iron, the last one is the center console but this one cold be mod on a normal one (a lot of work, but it's possible) The rest is standard and could be change by new and modern.

I know it's a mess to waste the beauty of the bialbero but an ugly battery or a compressor I don't mind and I even ask myself if I don't prefer a beautiful compressor in aluminium than an ugly black plastic battery...

I live in south of France, on the French Riviera and as a lot of Alfistis who live in California or Arizona knows how hot it is and especially inside the car in hot summer, I don't land about staying in traffic jam during few hours at noon...

And an Alfa heat itself by the motor + gearbox

I want to take my car to summer holidays with my wife and my little son without to risk a sunstroke.

My car is a 2K and the interior is less beautiful than the 1750 but it could be mounted an A/C and that's a real advantage and I want to take it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bill S, it's exactly what I'm looking for, I've made a research but I've didn't find this thread... Do you have more pictures of this one and bigger. I want to join all infos I could have to mount mine.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts