Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a period aftermarket hardtop on my 101 Spider, made by Ellebi Torino, steel with perspex window. I only found one post on the forums dating to 2007 about these. Mine is in overall good condition and complete, but the rubbers will need to be replaced and the attachment hooks are missing some (easily recreated) components. It would also be nice to source a headliner material that comes close to the original. In terms of rubbers, at first glance, it looks like I should be able to find something that works. That being said, no sense in reinventing the wheel, maybe someone here has restored one of these before?

Some pictures:

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
I have a period aftermarket hardtop on my 101 Spider, made by Ellebi Torino, steel with perspex window. I only found one post on the forums dating to 2007 about these
I think this post too was about an Ellebi, but they just didn't know it...certainly looks like yours...and some tips where to source rubber seals etc in general.
might help you further:
Hardtop for which Alfa?

There was a similar top on ebay last June in Germany, but in aluminium (guy was asking near on 7000 euros for that, which he said was for the 101 veloce)...description said it had a blue tinted rear screen, and he had only ever seen one before in 20 years of alfa business.

only photo I could still screeshoot, as the fleabay listing is nla:

HARDTOP-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Giulietta-Spider-Veloce-101.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@spiderserie4 I think you nailed it, looks near identical to mine. Looking at the condition of the one in that thread, I have nothing to complain about. Also, 7k for a hardtop? Aluminium or not, there better be a rusty 101 project car attached to it for that kind of money 😦

For posterity's sake - or at least the next guy that does a search for "Ellebi" here - a few more detail shots:

·
Registered
7,538 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@spiderserie4 I have used a magnet, but now I'm wondering if I placed it near the steel structure under the aluminium skin, I'm heading out to the garage right now, you've awakened my curiosity!

Your link is broken, but I found it by googling the description, I think you were referring to this: CLICK

Back in a few minutes with a follow up, if it turns out to be aluminium, I'm totally telling people I own an aluminium skinned sixties Italian sportscar. ;)

EDIT: 100% certain it's steel. In my head it was starting to make sense that it was aluminium, would've been a good explanation for the fact that it's completely rust free. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts