Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all Alfisti to infiltrate DTMPower.net web site (BMW site) and blast away with Alfa propaganda. I have begun with some initial shelling, however, as we all invade, they won't know what hit them. As a final piss off, I invite Dr. Etceterini to herald the financial and esoteric benefits of a Hyundai vs. a 540i. Should be hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
General,
I see this suggestion of yours as a sure fire way to hurt both sites.
Lets have our fun and let the BMWobbleyu people have theirs.
MrC
ps: this is my polite reply!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
General,

Please take the advice of your fellow Alfisti. Do unto others and they will surely do unto you.

If you want to take out frustrations, why not do that at the track? If you think Bimmers are so bad, go build or buy an Alfa race car and go beat them up to your heart's content!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surely we could give Etceterini a little crack and let him go ballistic!!!!!!! Where's all the foot soldiers when you need 'em??

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Foot soldiers? You would lead the 'foot soldiers' right into an ambush! That's no way for a General to behave.

I have no BMW...never did, never will. Nor do I have a Hyundai, a Honda or anything other than Alfas, except for my Dodge truck to pick up parts with and tow stuff.

But I have nothing against Bimmers, 'P' cars, Miatas, Subarus or even (dare I say it?) Hyundais. As far as I am concerned, anybody into cars (or Bikes) is OK by me!

I refuse to be your cannon-fodder, General! I won't take your orders, nor will I support the idea! Further, I strongly recommend against your current campaign, as it is a 'suicide-mission' and one which will yield no victory...only shame.

Thus endeth my petition: Fare thee warned be thee, says I!

:rolleyes: :mad: ;)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,370 Posts
Well General,

I agree, an attack is in order. But I think your tactics are all wrong. Here's what I propose:

There's a shop near me (BimmerHaus) that is on of the foremost BMW tuners in the country. They frequently have open houses. During the next one, we should get a convoy of Alfas together and park in the lot across the street. Then, we can set up a tent and serve grilled Italian sausage with peppers, iced espresso, and biscotti.

If the cars don't cause their customers to defect, the food surely will:)

Joe

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Turn on the Etceterinin;

I'd still like to see the Doc do a Hyundai vs 540i bit... That would be funny as rip....

·
Registered
30 Posts
ar1750gtv said:
General,

You're probably a Republican so I will speak your language.

Garrett
The "Generals" from New York. I don't think there are any Republicans in New York. I'm not quite sure what the Generals IRRATIONAL hatred of BMW is all about. It seems so intense, one wonders which of his girlfriends or wives left him for a BMW guy?

By the way, when I was researching for my next project car, I was torn between a BMW 2002 and a GTV. I asked on a BMW message board why I should choose a 2002 over a GTV and every single response was incredibly respectful of Alfa Romeo. Those guys really, truly liked and respected Alfa GTV's as a worthy and deserving competitor.

Can a true car enthusiast not like BMW 2002's, or M3's or M5's? I don't think so. How about McLaren F1's General? Those have BMW motors in them, do those suck too, and do only hairdressers or yuppie wives drive McLarens?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts