Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know the location of the inertia switch on a 1987 Milano? What does it look like and where is it located? I have a poor photocopy of an original service manual and can't find the location of the "H 20" inertia switch, although it is listed under the switches section.
Tried a search already.
Alex

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I believe it's on the right hand side of the engine compartment(pass side in US).
It will be a gray cylinder with a pink wire and a gray wire (they may both be pink. This is from memory) There is a small cap on top. If you push down on it it will click and reset.
I may be wrong about the location. It's been a few years since I've worked on a Milano.

Paul

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
There is no inertia switch on a Milano. The safety fuel cut-off is achieved with a switch on the AFM. It cuts off the fuel pump if there is no air flow.
Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
88 Milano Verde

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm. The only info I have from the manual is in the section that lists components of the electrical system...in the several pages of lists there is a section for switches and it lists an inertia switch, item H 20. There's no info about which wiring diagram or page where the switch may actually be found.
Does anyone else have info re: the location (or non-existence) of the inertia switch? Both replies by gt601 and alfaparticle make sense taken independently, unfortunately the info is contradictory.
Alex

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
G'Day Alex,

hmmm. The only info I have from the manual is in the section that lists components of the electrical system...in the several pages of lists there is a section for switches and it lists an inertia switch, item H 20.
That list is somewhat generic, common to a number of Alfa's.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Yep - no switch on the later V6 cars like there was on the earlier cars...

When we install the GoTech engine management system and dump the L-Jet, we wire the ECU to drive the fuel-pump relay (that way the GoTech will cut off the pump in the event of an accident/engine stall.)

Still, you need a way to kill the motor in an accident and an inertia-switch is a good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts