Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugly, ugly crash between Scot Dixon & Jay(?) Howard...Dixon airborne & flew into infield safety-fence, Dixon's car reduced into small pieces! Amazingly Dixon walked away, as did Howard! A photographer behind the fence was 'carted' away, but looked to be okay.

Meanwhile, Alonso was leading the race & it looks like he has a shot for the 'top-spot'.....only 50+ laps(of 200) have been run.

Regards

ps: I'm not an 'oval-racing' fan, but Alonso's debut has me interested & watching.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well, remember my recently and earlier mentioned opinion about Nando - it really seems that he's already kicking the US boys in their back !

HE'S THE ULTIMATE RACER. That's what one can see watching him in F1.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sadly Alonso's engine blew!

I can now watch smoothing else...or just wait for hunttheshunt to dump on me.

Regards

ps-America's Cup Qualifying sailing (closer to flying!) off Bermuda.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
There can't be a bigger disaster for Honda than this - F1 engines without power and reliability and now this in his Indycar as well.

Disaster. The only word.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Does the announcer yell "Godzilla" @ 3:32 :hmmm

EDIT: This sux....Youtube

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Great race!! Enjoyed it very much. Sato deserved that win.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks AR. Wasn't able to catch the end but it was reasonably exciting.

Never a fan of Sato. Always thought he was a bit of hack, especially after he put Dario Franchitti into a wall and pretty much ended his career. My favorite Sato moment was after he hit Schumacher . . . twice, they exchange words, and Schumacher, so disgusted, spanks Sato's visor down(0:25). Not one of Schumacher's classiest moments but . . . pretty funny.
By the way, I do miss the sound of those engines. Beautiful.

Anyway going forward, I'll have to give Sato his due respect. He drove a good race.

I was pulling for Alonso. He showed why he was a champion. Takes a bit more though on such a long race. Takes a bit of luck and good fortune. Michael Andretti knows all too well, having led the most laps in Indy 500 history of those not achieving a victory.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Yep "Godzilla" is what I hear! LOL - thanks for the epic commentary!

There can't be a bigger disaster for Honda than this - F1 engines without power and reliability and now this in his Indycar as well.

Disaster. The only word.
Total disaster - and utterly forgotten the moment Sato took the checkered flag!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts