Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,003 Posts
Look, it's not my fault the pictures were too racy for you. "No Pants Saturday" is my thing and none of you are going to change me.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I think if we are a paid subscriber, we are afforded a bit of leeway. Assuming we observe some sense of decorum. Then again, what one views as inappropriate might be appropriate to others. Without an example it is difficult to determine. I missed "no pants Saturday" again? Ciao, chris

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Without an example it is difficult to determine.
In this case, a member posted some parts for sale. A second member then hijacked the thread offering his own parts for sale. Not at all appropriate so the second members' post was deleted.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
thank you. Assuming it was in the for sale section, I'd agree. This begs a question in my mind. From time to time on a model specific forum, someone will be looking for something or another. Someone/vendors will reply that they have something for sale. Then some of us, myself included, will also link to sites where parts are available, often times for less or NOS vs. aftermarket... your thoughts as an administrator? ciao, chris

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In this case, a member posted some parts for sale. A second member then hijacked the thread offering his own parts for sale. Not at all appropriate so the second members' post was deleted.
Exactly, Thank you for taking care of that. No question of the inappropriate nature of the post.
I do appreciate the moderators watching over and taking action. Thanks!

Now, "No pants Saturday" how do I join and where does the rally start?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you. Assuming it was in the for sale section, I'd agree. This begs a question in my mind. From time to time on a model specific forum, someone will be looking for something or another. Someone/vendors will reply that they have something for sale. Then some of us, myself included, will also link to sites where parts are available, often times for less or NOS vs. aftermarket... your thoughts as an administrator? ciao, chris
Not an admin but two thoughts.
Start a separate thread without reference to the first, don't hijack his thread.
PM the OP and ask him or let him know and he can forward.

Assume it was happening to you as OP and do what you would like done to you

My $0.02

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
thanx, my change, the 164 section has a thread going where Del has asked if OEM pads are available for the 164 and if anyone has a part number. Several have replied with the option of sourcing from a well known retailer here on the forum as well as the usual banter on "why bother" and "I use...". Living in Italy affords me the opportunity/luxury, pick your poison, of linking to sites where OEM is actually available for his consideration. I provide the links with the mindset that I am answering his question of where they can be sourced. I have no interest in any subsequent transactions. I'm interested in opinion. TIA, ciao, chris

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
This begs a question in my mind. From time to time on a model specific forum, someone will be looking for something or another. Someone/vendors will reply that they have something for sale. Then some of us, myself included, will also link to sites where parts are available, often times for less or NOS vs. aftermarket... your thoughts as an administrator? ciao, chris
Threads/posts of this nature would normally be in the 'Parts Wanted' category along with, hopefully, the 'Wanted' prefix in the thread title. Any/all replies would be in response to parts needed by the requester (sellers, for example). This is how a Wanted ad is supposed to work.

A 'For Sale' ad is a single purpose notice that a single member has something specific for sale. Quite different from a Wanted ad in that the replies should be from buyers, not additional sellers with the same part(s).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts