Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got a chance to start "DIGGING" into the Alfa - it was running - driving - sounding good (after some needed mods) and I decided to see WHAT I was in for.

I pulled the plastic molding off the car and I felt like the first contestant on "the price is UGH" ----

Rust - rust and more rust - I started cutting a grinding out behind the front wheel - and literally I believe I am going to have to cut the floor pans out and the bottom rockers - 1/2 the wheel wells - and start over.

Never welded a day in my life - but the poor little alfa is going to become my first patient...

For those of you that have gone before me - I am going to need some help (please)>

Is there anyplace to get after market floor pans for this thing - or and I going to have to learn Metal fab AND welding at the same time?

I will be posting a video out to the youtube channel later tonight on the "cut outs" I did today on the driver side -

In the mean time - here are a few pics..

Phone died - so I didn't get any of the FINAL "CUT OUTS" - but they will make the video that I will edit and post in just a few -

PS - the seller told me "I had no idea..." --- note to self - NEVER buy a car without a PPI - I violated my OWN rules!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Yikes, that's the jacking point pushed up---I imagine this is a sunroof car?

My Copart special '81 GTV6 (non-sunroof) has the beginnings of some of that but is still solid at this time (albeit with a few hilariously crude fiberglass patch panels in non-critical areas).

I wish I could help you with the floor pans, I have only seen some of the rocker panels and repair sheets for that area, not floor pans or jacking points:

Reactions: Ballvice

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did my wife's '71 GTJ a few years ago and the only parts available were the rockers and the last trunk lid out of the factory. My body guy had to fab all new floor pans and even the cross-member which holds up the radiator!, but I thought that floor pans were available now? Good luck with it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts