Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could this fuel hose be used for the in tank stepped hose?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
stepped fuel hose

don't know about the internal diameters but it looks a little long. Nothing a razor knife couldn't fix.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks like it could work....I know the hose on a 91 spider is 11mm/8mm so this one should work..actually I am in the process of changing pump in the tank and if the hose is no good I might try one of these...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Richard,

That is the Mercedes # 111 476 15 26. The hose was not designed for that particular use but we know that internally it is resistant to gasoline. I would venture to say it probably would work but I would probably purchase 2 of the hoses and install one and the other set in a glass jar with some gas with a lid on it. See if the gas starts to get discolored or the hose starts to swell up and get soft after a while then you have your answer.

I know it is hard to get your hands on a two sized hose. You are going to have to test it out yourself.

Best regards
Robert A. Castro
Technical Support USA/Canada

Wulf Gaertner Autoparts AG
1357 Wagon Wheel Ct.
Oakdale . CA 95361 . USA
Tel. (925) 699-7199
Fax (925) 396 6020
Web Meyle

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 3:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Fuel hose question

Robert, you company makes a replacement fuel hose for MB your part number 014 047 0012. The dimensional specs are the same for an Alfa Romeo Spider (82-94) fuel hose that goes between an in-tank fuel pump and a hard line in the tank. The only difference is the Alfa hose is in gasoline always. Do you think it would work? The reason I am asking, Alfa does not supply this part anymore. See item #21 on attachment.

Thank You,
Richard Reel
Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl.

·
Registered
what part?
9,996 Posts
an idea, sort of what i did but , this will work with a stock alfa pusher pump.. just get a steel tube ( about 12" will do ) the same diameter as the smaller pump outlet size, weld it in from the top, trim the part off that you do not need..so easy.. nver have to think about a ' stepped hose' ever agian

Attachments

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Is there a strainer/filter that goes on the bottom of the in tank fuel pump/sending unit?
Yup, little push on screen sock that looks quite a bit like all the other in~tank filters you see in modern cars.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Darren,
Do you have a part number? I have a local Kragen/O'Reilly's Auto Parts. I looked on their web site, but could not find one. I also tried IAP, and came up empty.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
NewAlfaOwner,
If you are missing the strainer it may be in the bottom of the tank. A little difficult and possibly dangerous thing to go searching for. Stock installation, they are not very securely attached to the bottom of the pump. I put a clamp on mine the last time I was in there to keep it in place.

If you absolutely need one and cannot find one I probably have a used on on hand.

Robert Hill in Memphis, TN [email protected]

·
Registered
172 Posts
IAP 16511

Just went through all this to get my car through smog.
The in tank pump had failed. I bought the same Airtex one you did from Kragen for around $70 (you can get them on-line for $40 or less).

My failed pump had no strainer attached and there was no sign of it in the tank (probably why it failed). I didn't have time to get the proper strainer from IAP so I picked one that was close from Kragen. Airtex FS22.

It works fine but it is a tight squeeze to get it into the tank opening. Note, the strainer fits inside a baffle at the bottom of the tank, that's why the IAP strainer is a funny shape.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts