Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a imsa spoiler for the milano rear spoiler ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I read some research paper that a modern touring car wing is more beneficial in terms of lower drag and increased downforce. The IMSA spoiler looks like it will provide downforce AND drag. I'm going for a BTCC style carbon wing. For the tracks I go to, I can't even go past 120 mph and there are a lot of fast turns.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It all depends on the car and spoiler position, not every spoiler will provide the same benefits on every car...

If u take lets say Civic spoiler and put it on Milano it wont have the same effect despite its design. Spoilers are designed and positioned to iron out chassis and setup for the particular car, slapping one at random can have adverse effects...

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
Does look odd, out of place, and I wonder just how functional it is, as often, depending on the design of the body it is attached to, these spoilers on sedans may not work as people assume. Rather than provide a down force on the back, they often just block turbulent air flow from coming up from behind the car forward onto the trunk lid and the steep back window. This may or may not provide any advantage to the aero characteristics of the car.

Would love to see a wind tunnel test of such a configuration.

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
Yup, that's pretty much it. The Milano is not a good candidate for them because of the steep back window, which will always have separated airflow off the back, being too steep for the flow to attach as compared to the not as steep back windows of the cars shown in the study.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
You can always add vortex generators at the rear of the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
Now that would look pretty funny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts