Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can use some help from those of you who have imported TS engines. What forms or codes did you use for customs? My engines are in Long Beach on their way to San Francisco after an X-ray delay. I have done a lot of reading and realize that I don't know anything for sure anymore. If some one could explain how they got through customs, I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

A

·
0 Posts
How it works here at Pitt International. the engines will go to a Bonded Customs Wharehouse. this is a private, Not goverment, Facility. You process paperwork and pay the wharehouse fee, about $300 for a pair of TS engines. then take the paperwork to the U. S. Customs office, Once again fill out paperwork, make sure you have a copy of the receipt. Pay AGAIN. :( and then back to the wharehouse. With customs paperwork, you can now get your item loaded onto your truck. About 5 hours total. A pallet with 2 motors and 2 heads wrapped and sealed doesn't seem to interest the customs boys enough to open it up. Large shipments of smaller boxes seem to take longer to get thru. And always seem to have been inspected much closer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alfa of-corse,
Thank you for your description of how to claim imported engines. My mistake was when I contacted a broker. Brokers must do everything the laws and rules call for. That means involving the EPA in the importation. I have found that the real world way of handling this situation is to completely ignore the EPA. I will do as you say just as soon as the container is X-rayed and my engines are released. Thank you for your help and advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts