Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years outside of Canada I expect to return late this year. Transport Canada has not responded to my request for information on Importing my 1971 RHD GTV (from South Africa).

Does anyone have experience good or bad that they can share? On the chance that I am not the only alfa/biker - I have a 1969 Triumph Bonneville that I hope to bring home as well. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Importing Vehicles

Importing vehicles into Canada from other than the USA is covered here:

Importation of vehicles into Canada from countries other than the United States - Transport Canada

Basically it says to contact Transport Canada. Which province are you moving to? Here in BC there are many ex-Japan RHD cars being imported due to their age making it easier ( 15 years old ) and Japanese inspection laws. I suspect you will not have too many difficulties if your car is sound in body and safety wise. A thorough inspection will be required, tires, brakes, front end etc. I know of at least one ex South Africa RDH Duetto so it can be done.

Good luck, hope you like winters

Don

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. As I understood the site I need to contact Transport Canada. Several e-mails and more months have not yet resulted in a reply. Perhaps more patience is required.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the encouragement. I am not sure where we will live, Quebec or Ontario probably. What is winter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts