Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I know the Smart car uses de Dion rear suspension, but I was shocked to see these picks of the Ford Ranger EV from 1998-2002. Check out the adjustable Watts linkage. I wonder if they would fit on an Alfa?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
what exactly is the point of putting those adjustable arms on - not going to change any geometry or affect handling - all it would do is allow you to 'centre' the links at a different ride height (is that even aproblem?)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Im glad they arent using panhard bars like Chrysler and chevy. The new cuda concept will have close to 600Hp but a live axle and panhard bar. Now I understand the live axle, but the panhard bar? ***?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
what exactly is the point of putting those adjustable arms on - not going to change any geometry or affect handling - all it would do is allow you to 'centre' the links at a different ride height (is that even aproblem?)
By adjusting one side or the other, you could do a little bit of centering.

bs

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
yea line it up so it will not crab down the rode sidewaye like most other US trucks.
and usefull after the first hit.. why fix the frame when you can just shift the back axel to make up for it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That tube looks like Aluminium! Hello! That could be of great benefit for our unsprung weight. Does anyone have more info on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts