Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the '90s, a UK band called "Right Said Fred" came out with a one-hit wonder: "I'm Too Sexy".

There’s a line in the song that goes:

"I’m too sexy for my car
Too sexy for my car
Too sexy by far"

And the band's car of choice for its music video is.... ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Back in the '90s, a UK band called "Right Said Fred" came out with a one-hit wonder: "I'm Too Sexy".

There’s a line in the song that goes:

"I’m too sexy for my car
Too sexy for my car
Too sexy by far"

And the band's car of choice for its music video is.... ;)

Wow that song brings me back. But nobody is too sexy for a duetto.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
918 Posts
That's awesome. I kinda miss the music video days.....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that music video may have undone all of the good will that "The Graduate" had previously generated for the Duetto and Alfa Romeo brand back in the '60s, LOL. Still, it's a testament to the cultural icon that the Spider had become.

In an interview, the two band members explained that before the song became a hit, they had operated a fitness gym where they encountered many vain individuals, so the song was intended as a cynical joke.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This was always a comedy song - the bands name itself comes from a 60's comedy song and anybody who didn't spot that it was a joke really needs a sense of humour transplant. The two brothers did their best to revive the now seemingly lost tradition of comedy songs and had a couple of other minor hits. I quite miss comedy songs.

Having said that it is ironic that now, most owners of the sexiest classic cars are considerably less sexy than their cars. In my case the point at which my car became to sexy for me was with my first Alfa Spider in the '80's. The gap between the attractiveness of the car and owner has just got wider since then.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
I saw the video when it came out. I thought to myself. Finally my car is famous.

·
Registered
1978 Spider
349 Posts
I actually have that album....just a bunch of versions of the same song...one hit wonder...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts