Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in Austin at the Fiat dealer picking up the new 500 sometime between about 3 PM, maybe a little earlier, Friday. Y'all come by if you're not busy! The dealer is located in the Domain. Too bad it's a week too late for the tour but at least it is finally here.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,455 Posts
I'll alert the tow trucks.

I kid! I kid! :D

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You kid, but!
It has spent a considerable amount of time on "tow" trucks already. I understand it got sent to Florida by mistake, and may have ended up in New Jersey for a while. But now it back in TX. I say back because they come off rail transport in Mesquite, TX near Dallas, and put on truck transport. If that's so, and it may well be considering they couldn't tell me where it was for a long time, it's been dragged around for about 4,000 miles already!

Fiat is offering an awesome warranty if you plan to keep the car. Lifetime unlimited mileage, as long as you own the car. But I only plan to keep the car 2 years until the new Alfas get here.

Wait, ummm...

Let me look at that warranty one more time.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
Congrats Larry though this is not a good beginning for Fiat's administrative prowess. Have you gotten the color yet?? Are there various trim and or mechanical options? I'll stick to the older ones for now until I can import a Brera . . when it will be an older one . . . :)

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's white. I had known that for a few weeks. I think it is pretty sad that I had to wait until after several folks had taken delivery of their new "Second Editions" before I could get my "First Edition". And they know that.

The folks at the dealership are really great. It was the easiest buying experience ever, other than the fact Fiat could not remember where they had set my car for a while. But the dealer had nothing to do with that. The problems faded away after I looked at the window sticker and noticed "This car specially built for Larry Smith" printed on it. Yeah, that one is mine!

All the other cars I saw there were automatics. Matt, my salesman, said the cars with manual transmissions sell as soon as they roll off the truck. It looks like a hit.

It's an awesome ride. Drives out really well. It has a great little Fiat sound to it. Not like Alfa, different, but perfect for a Fiat. Ferocious AC, too. Really cold. Nice.

Free Sirius radio for a year. I drove back to my parents house in Temple listening to '80's hair bands. Fun.

I'm glad I bought it. And I am looking forward to a new Alfa in two years. (!?!?)

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
congratulations.

looking forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot my camera when I left to go get the car. The dealer is 90 miles away so there was not any turning back to recover. They are supposed to send me some pictures. They also do a new owner interview which they put on their Youtube channel. I haven't seen how stupid I look yet.:rolleyes:
Here are some of the crappy pictures my cell phone makes. I'll take some better ones today.

I like the red and green tint on the Prima badge. It's not on the badge. It's a reflection of my red shirt and the green grass. Maybe they should have considered doing it that way.

·
Premium Member
27,529 Posts
Lar reee! your in now bro with new ride. Sounds like it was worth the wait.

I have driven the 500 Sport here at our dealer and it is a sweet ride.

I bought 5 raffle tickets to win one donated by the dealer for ACS Relay for Life. I will hold off until after that drawing before thinking about sending the bucks for a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts