Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alfa Romeo Spider 82. I will modify it to year 92 with RIM 20'' :O This my project!!!

Hi. My name is Miguel Hernandez. I am 20 years old

I am from Venezuela, Stated Bolivar - Puerto Ordaz, Villa Africana.

My english is ok, but my spanish is perfect!! This thread is better in spanish xD

Ok, we continue..

I have an Alfa Romeo Spider year 82.

And my present project is this:

- I will modify the front and rear bumper and the side bodywork to the year 92.
- Add 7 monitor with camera front and rear (Includes Kenwood Double DIM)
- Add 1 monitor with touch screen in a new control panel and computer with Internet, WiFi, GPS.
- Alarm security system with transceiver.
- Full Sound (2x subwoofer + Amplifiers + acc)
- Rim 20'' (This makes a UNIQUE vehicle in the world)
- New upholstery
- Angel Eyes with HID (Angel eyes ring white and 6000k), I have too the color of HID Purple, Pink, Dark Blue, and 8000k for the Angel Eyes in the Head Light.
- Led light for the tail Light and the front bumper.
- Other engine and gearbox (Engine Chevrolet 262 and Gearbox 700), sadly I have do it to because in Venezuela not there alfa romeo dealer and every spare out extremely and overly expensive. Too We have change control for the dollar (Sucks Hugo Chavez) and is hardest find dollar.

This project was started last week and want to share with you my experience, I will show pictures soon

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
Hi Miguel, welcome to AlfaBB!

I'm sure many purists will cringe or grind their teeth when they see and read about what you're going to do to your car. Then again, rebuilding or keeping a car running is always a compromise -- especially if parts are difficult to obtain.

Good luck with your project,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re:

Hi Miguel, welcome to AlfaBB!

I'm sure many purists will cringe or grind their teeth when they see and read about what you're going to do to your car. Then again, rebuilding or keeping a car running is always a compromise -- especially if parts are difficult to obtain.

Good luck with your project,
Thanks, really here in venezuela is very hard work for a rare car, because nothing like work it. Thanks to ''Car Tuning'' here in Puerto Ordaz, is a monster for all rebuildings. Something else to mention, the car I'm going to paint completely. Is a Red ''Ferrari'' (Not the same color, but can simulate. You need about seven layers of paint, the brand is ''DUPONT''). I like a perfect car, I am sure that they will do a perfect job.

I appreciate all the comments received.

Regards.

Miguel H.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where can find this headlight covers?

In ebay. preferably shipment to Venezuela by DHL express.

which is the name of that thing in English? (For a good search)

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

Where can find the Front bumber, the rear bumper and the side bodywork original?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
36 Led and Hid (For reversing light)

I am ready with my Tail light!!!

This is in the parking light, led light of 36 LED (double contact red). ($10 USD)

And the auxiliar light too of 36 LED (one contact yellow) ($10 USD)

The reversing light is xenon HID (yes, HID of 8000k with ballasts each one) ($129 USD)

Thanks by read.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is my brother with him ford fiesta 2011 and me with my alfa romeo spider
the other pic is my mom, the most import persons for me in all world
and the last pic is my alfa spider!!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the first pic is about my tip, is borla, the most expensive is double and intercooled

i think so my paint job is ready...

I have now the tft rear view lcd and sound.
but with holes in venezuela (on the streeth) is very hard buy rim 20, because my car is very under and if i buy a tires i need 20/225/30 (with 30 if i fall in a hole, I will broke the tires so,,, here is expensive only 1 (about $300)

About the TOP

I have a question, Tops On Line - Your Best Online Source For Automotive Tops and Upholstery Accessories is dependable????

is the best price??

please,I listen to advice

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
WHY did you do this to the poor car?!

It seems to cost you a lot of effort, but the result ...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WHY did you do this to the poor car?!

It seems to cost you a lot of effort, but the result ...
you mean about the rear bumper, right?

i did becuase here in venezuela is very very VERY hard import autoparts by our chavez governament (is similar to castro cuba)...

so.. my tail light have more 25 years so... is very ugly...

I preferred create a new rear view in photoshop...

is a combination about Jeep Grand Cherokee Srt8 and Covertte, with a double tip.

all this work is about 1 year and cost $2.500 usd (here is not usd, but is estimated, here not are dollars, is hard find :( )

·
Registered
213 Posts
Your project

you mean about the rear bumper, right?

i did becuase here in venezuela is very very VERY hard import autoparts by our chavez governament (is similar to castro cuba)...

so.. my tail light have more 25 years so... is very ugly...

I preferred create a new rear view in photoshop...

is a combination about Jeep Grand Cherokee Srt8 and Covertte, with a double tip.

all this work is about 1 year and cost $2.500 usd (here is not usd, but is estimated, here not are dollars, is hard find :( )
Miguejher,
we are living in the same country so I know the restrictions that you are saying, nevertheless, under the current scenario you can still maintain your car in original condition. Moreover, some original spare parts, including the rear bumper of your spider could be find here in Caracas.
In my opinion, you prefer to give a "tunning touch" of your car instead to keep it "original". It is your choice because is yours but if you asking me, I am a purist so I prefer to maintain these pieces of history in very original condition.
Are the engine and transmission the original ones?
I have two old Alfas, one '74 2000 GT Veloce and '68 1300 GT Junior (stepnose) and happy to share with you my experience.

Good luck with your project.

Saludos,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Epale que mas? Bueno si eres de aqui de venezuela por lo menos entenderas el spanglish jeje.

I was go to Fiat (Is Alfa Romeo) and they tell me that is hard find in Caracas, so, never answer me..

I can't translate to Caracas by my studing (Is medicine u know)

I have the original transmission and the gear box and the engine!

But I need spare parts. If you can help so good!!

Que dices?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts