Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a nice sunny day so I decided to drive my 1991 Alfa Romeo Veloce for a few miles. Everything was working great. When I got home, I parked the car in the driveway. About a hour later, I went to start it up to put it in the garage. The engine cranks, I have spark, I have fuel, and it look like everything is working properly except it will not start. Does anyone have any idea? I can not seem to find anything wrong.
Thanks,
Johnny

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all this is Johnny's wife. Although my husband had thoughts of putting the poor baby back in the confind space, I had other ideas of how to spend beautiful sunny Sunday. I had plans to pammer her with a nice wash and wax, and the get her out to strech. She really needs to be exercised, but now I think she's mad...
Thanks,
Rhonda

·
Registered
142 Posts
May be a silly suggestion but do you have an immobiliser?

I know I've been worried a few times, then realised the immobiliser was on!:p

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Sounds like a classic plenum disconnected.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The engine was not flooded. I did try starting with the gas pedal to the floor also. I do not know if my car has a immoblizer. What about this classic plenum disconnect. could you explain more.
Thanks,
Johnny

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The plenum is installed properly. Sound like not spark. I have spark though. Really lost. I have all the components that should let it start. air,fuel,and spark. She just keeps cranking. I have never see this before with any other cars I have owned.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
jumped it while trying to start it
Somehow that makes me nervous.

Did you car to car or booster charger thing to car?

If the former, shouldn't be a problem, if the latter, well.......

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Have you by happenstance checked the cap and rotor for cracks/damage?

A cracked one will still let spark happen, just not neccisarily when it needs to.

Roached plug wires can do it too with 'crosstalk'.

Intermittant contact on one of the coil terminals?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will check the wires, and the coil. I looked at the cap and rotor earlier. The rotor and cap looked fine, but I will reinspect them again.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts