Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1957 Giulietta Spider, 1984 GTV6,
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just bought a GTV6 and wouldn't mind a different set of wheels.

Does anyone have anything available?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition! What year is it? Were you thinking a different model year style wheel, or something aftermarket? Also, did you wish to stay with the stock diameter and width?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a set of five wheels from a 1989 Milano Verde. They will fit your GTV6 with no problem.
Most if not all of them will need a refurb. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
667 Posts
Oh. Very important and almost forgot.
Research tire sizes before. On my rims, i can't find anything else than super soft, high performance summer tires. Before you buy your rims, check the tires. Don't do like i did.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your responses.
It is a 1984.
I like the idea of OEM wheels for the hub centric fitting. But good quality aftermarket could be ok too.
I like period correct looking things.
I guess I would prefer a 16 inch wheel for better tires choices.
I looked at all your offerings and none strike my fancy to much. The A-1 replicas look pretty good. And I’m tempted by the Technomagnesio wheels. The price is right. Technomagnesio is right. 6 spoke is not my favourite. They do look good though.

I like 5 spoke and race affiliations. :)

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I'll send you this Benzoni GTV 6 wheel for the cost of shipping, if you want to look for three more. They were fitted to early GTV 6's, as I recall. It appears straight, and rolls evenly on my garage floor.
20160813_153045.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll send you this Benzoni GTV 6 wheel for the cost of shipping, if you want to look for three more. They were fitted to early GTV 6's, as I recall. It appears straight, and rolls evenly on my garage floor.
View attachment 1650835
Hi alfaloco, Thanks for the offer. I have 5 of those now. So I wouldn’t mind having sometime different.

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You could also call Larry JR at Alfa Parts Exchange and see what he has in the way of wheels.
Hi 6 Alfa’s,
Your name says a lot ,,.
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t know about them .

I liked their tag line:

THE 37th most marginally interesting Tourist attraction in Northern California.

Under promise and over deliver! That what I always say!

T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts