Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car.

Hi guys, I had my 1750 Spider Veloce, backed into by a GMC Denali, this morning. Guess who lost.

So pictures later, I know we all love pictures..
Looks like all the damage is drivers door , wont open.

Questions, how hard to find a door?
What body shops do we like in Western Washington. Its a really nice car.
See Photos of cars at the Coral at the historics, its the "Duetto" in those pictures..

Today was a sad day...

Thanks

George

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
George -
Sorry to hear abou this....
It's a ways away from you now, but Daron might be your best bet for quality work - both body and paint matching.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gordy,

Do you have Darrin's contact info?

Its my baby, and not my money. Acually got hit by a dealership owned car
so GM is paying for it.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I don't know the shop address, since they moved north, but you can talk to Daron at 253-486-3486.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am heading over to Seattle later this month and I'dl ike to stop in at Daron's shop. Is is very far from the airport ?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sorry to say... Daron's shop is not close to Sea-Tac or Seattle. It is about 1.5 hour drive north to the town of Burlington. (Well worth the drive.) The fun part is if you can hop on a small plane, he is located within walking distance of the Burlington airport! Contact Daron... if he knows you're coming, you may be able to coordinate an airporter service to Burlington and back?... maybe!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you go to see Darons shop youll get to see my car.

I posted pics on the photo page under "injured Alfa", thought it was apropriate.

George

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for the info guys . I looked at a map again and it appears that Daron's shop is almost in Canada! I should have stopped in when we went out to Vancouver for the Olympics. Does anybody else have any experience with Daron ? I'm thinking about getting him to find me a car and do all the required work . Is this a recommended avenue ? I have never owned an Alfa before , but I lived in Italy for many years when I was growing up and always wanted one . I'm hoping the time to get going on this is now! Please help me with this decision ...Thanks !

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes that would be it

That is whats known as the good side .....

Drove car to breakfast this morning, came out, and saw it again, started crying...

Pictures of the "bad" side are in the photos section, under "injured Alfa",
thought it was apropriate.

Hagertys, has been great to work with. I'll update everybody on my experience with collector car insurance once all is said and done. But happy with them right now.

Hopefully I dont lose the entire summer.

George

1 - 11 of 11 Posts