Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 years after selling my '91 164s, I still refered to it as my favorite. Tonight I just left a deposit on a '95 LS with 5 speed.

I always considered getting another but found that most were beaten pretty hard are were ridiculously priced. I am thus really happy with the one I found even though it is not red!

This one has 68k one owner miles and has been meticulously serviced and cared for. I called Algar Ferrari, who has done most of the servicing since new, and they described it as one of the nicest ones they had ever serviced and that there are certainly not many better ones out there. More important, it recently had it's full 60k service with belt, has a new clutch, and all of the suspension was rebuilt at an absolutely obscene cost Body, interior, all in great shape.

I just recently turned in my leased 2008 Civic Si. While the civic was fun, and I never spent a single dime on repairs, the sound of that Alfa V6 reminds me of why I came back! I can live with British racing green.

·
Premium Member
27,522 Posts
Frostxxx had it listed on here and it sounded sweet.

I am buying a black 164S from a long time car bud of mine. It was an Algar maintained car, too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frostxxx had it listed on here and it sounded sweet.
Uh oh, that has me a little worried. It is indeed the same car.

Looks like the guy I am buying from bought it from Frosti. I hope the quick flip does not mean there is some big problem lurking. I guess I will ping Frosti.

Thx.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Talking about beaten cars, today I took care of the last niggles with the rear window switches and sunroof. When I replace the oil level sender, fix two tears in the back seat, replace the idle air valve hose, have the rust spots fixed and paint the whole car, I'll consider it fixed.

Considering this car is 22 years old and cost me less than I'd ever imagine, I'm very happy with it. By the time my father's VW Passat was 10 years old, me and my brother had fixed just about anything in it. All of the interior rattled, wind leaked from all sorts of places (even the door lock pins) and the second engine it had kept breaking down.

Sure, some issues look ridiculous, such as the inner door handles breaking. But in the end, it still sets a high standard in what a real car feels and looks like.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
And they aren't making any more of them, ever. That delicious engine is gone forever.

We are keeping ours until it breaks terminally. All the superficial rust has been repaired and the rear suspension replaced. The front suspension and steering are both in good shape.

·
Registered
573 Posts
And they aren't making any more of them, ever. That delicious engine is gone forever.
I remember Cosworth made an offer for the design and tooling to make Alfa Romeo V6's but Alfa refused to sell. I bet they'd come up with pretty decent performance improvements.

Still, there are still engines around. The breaker's I usually go to has three 4C turbo engines there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts