Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used to have a “CP” where one could post a user to “ignore”, for whatever reason. With the new site, things were different, but “ignore” was still an option. For instance, it was nice to get notice within a thread that an ignored person had made a post that was not shown. It was possible to click within that thread to temporarily view their post, in the event it had some value, then immediately turn them off again.

Now, I can find nowhere to access any ignore functions. How to?

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
You can still ignore a user. Just hover over their avatar (that photo or icon with their user name underneath). After you've hovered for a couple seconds, a small screen will pop up with more detailed information about that user. This small screen will have three, vertical dots in its upper RH corner. Click that and yet another small screen will appear. The first choice on that screen is "Ignore". Click "Ignore", and their posts will become a distant memory.

·
Push hard and live
9,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But, what happened to the ability to temporarily unignore someone within a thread?

And, where do I find the master list of people I’ve ignored so I can control from there?

And, not long ago one would be shown double dividing lines if an ignored post was lurking unseen. Now, the only way to know is by a missing post number.

It appears at this moment there is no way to unignore someone. If they have been ignored, there’s no way to access their avatar to select unignore.

·
Push hard and live
9,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, I use primarily an IPad for working within the BB. There is no “hovering” with an IPad. There are several glitches when using an IPad, but thus far my input has not been addressed.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Don & Alfajay,

I've been here for six years, but can't remember this topic being discussed. What is the "CP", to which you referred?

At the risk of being relegated to the "Ignored" category, if I were to do this to someone, it would affect only my viewing of that individual's post/s within a given thread; correct?

Thanks,

Ray

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
But, what happened to the ability to temporarily unignore someone within a thread?

And, where do I find the master list of people I’ve ignored so I can control from there?

And, not long ago one would be shown double dividing lines if an ignored post was lurking unseen. Now, the only way to know is by a missing post number.

It appears at this moment there is no way to unignore someone. If they have been ignored, there’s no way to access their avatar to select unignore.
Yes, all good questions but I don't immediately know the answers to them. Unfortunately, a lot useful features were lost in the migration to Xenforo.

You might try directing your questions directly to the VerticalScope tech support people through a conversation with user AlfaBBAdmin.

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
I've been here for six years, but can't remember this topic being discussed. What is the "CP", to which you referred?
"CP" is an abbreviation for "Control Panel". As I recall, the Control Panel was a feature of the previous generation of BB software. The closest thing to the Control Panel in the newer, Xenforo software might be the three vertical dots on the upper RH corner of the main screen, labeled "site navigation" when you hover over them.

At the risk of being relegated to the "Ignored" category, if I were to do this to someone, it would affect only my viewing of that individual's post/s within a given thread; correct?
No, I believe that ignoring a user will block your viewing their posts throughout the BB. Including posts created prior to your blocking them.

I am not real familiar with the "block user" feature, because as a moderator, I hesitate to block users. Those BB users who I would most like to block tend to be the ones whose behavior I have volunteered to moderate.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Jay,

Thanks for the info.

Keep up the great work!

Ray

·
Push hard and live
9,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There has been a change in this feature since the migration to this format. It was actually quite useful to be able to just turn on a blocked member to check for useful info, then turn them back off in the same place, without having to run off to the CP, or whatever it would be called.

Is there a place, in this BB, where I can go view a list of who I have blocked, and can turn them on again? Remember, if I have already blocked them, their avatar will not appear within any threads.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
Is there a place, in this BB, where I can go view a list of who I have blocked, and can turn them on again? Remember, if I have already blocked them, their avatar will not appear within any threads.
OK, found it.

Start by left clicking your avatar at the upper right hand corner of the main screen. That will give you a menu.

The second-to-the-last item on that menu will be "Account Settings". Left click on that.

A screen labeled "Account Details" will come up with a menu on the left. The second-to-the-last item on that menu will be "Ignoring". Left click on that.

That should give you a list of members that you are ignoring. To the right of each entry will be a button labeled "unignore". Left click that to stop blocking their messages.

·
Push hard and live
9,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Kinda like the old CP.

It sure was nice when I could recognize, and unignore, all within a thread. Then after confirming that, this one time, the person’s blather wasn’t supremely annoying, return it to ignore without having to navigate four layers down a menu ladder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts