Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1994 LS gives me irregular readings from the voltage meter. It shows around 13 volts sometimes, and under 12 at other times. I have checked the output at the alternator,and battery, and it is reading 13.8 volts. Just recently I used a different key, and it was consistantly showing 13 volts, but at times when I started it the CD player would not come on, or could not be turned on. If I stopped it, removed the key and then started it everything would work. I tried the other key today, and everything always worked when I started it, but the voltage was at times showing below 12 volts, and other time 13 volts. I am thinking the ignition, any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
27,161 Posts
Do you mean ignition switch if so you maybe right?

·
Premium Member
27,161 Posts
Get one for 91-93 from somebody like www.difatta.com as price about half of one for 94-95 and you get lock sets for doors and trunk with it. Search for my post on it with parts numbers.

·
Premium Member
27,161 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is it just me or do there seem to be a rash of ignition switch issues with the 1994 and 95's lately? I guess 12 to 13 years appears to be the life span of these components. Hopefully my replacement switch is good for another 12 to 13 years.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts