Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1978 spider which has had all the ignition wires eaten by pack rats. I have gotten new wires but I have no idea what order the wires should go from the distributer to the spark plugs. Does anyone have a photo of this or a good description. Thanks

Peter

·
Administrator
16,771 Posts
Firing order is 1-3-4-2. The rotor turns clockwise when viewed from above. Take the spark plugs out then turn the engine in the forwards direction (put the transmission in 4th or 5th gear and roll it forwards. Note when #1 startes its compression stroke (your finger over the spark plug hole will be pushed away). Slowly roll a little bit more until the pointer at the bottom of the water pump is aligned with the 'P' mark on the crankshaft pulley. This puts the engine with the #1 piston at TDC on compression. Note where the rotor is aimed. That is the location in the cap for the #1 plug wire. Install the other wires in the firing order.

Spread rat poison in the garage or get a hungry cat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GHNL! That is great. Guess what I am doing this weekend. I have a bunch of Jack Russell's. Nothing gets past them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts