Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the switch currently on my car. I haven't removed it to look at the back, but from where I stand (and with my limited knowledge), it looks like an original Marelli switch. It is stamped F15

Any way to tell if this is a correct switch without removing it?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
This is the switch currently on my car. I haven't removed it to look at the back, but from where I stand (and with my limited knowledge), it looks like an original Marelli switch. It is stamped F15

Any way to tell if this is a correct switch without removing it?

Thanks
There were a few "accurate" switches notably with different trim bezels.. this seems like it is pretty original. The F15 is the key code.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The switch can easily be removed by unscrewing the collar to determine the maker or you could get a photo of the backside of the switch under the dash.
This particular switch looks like the S.A.F.E. brand,but that could just be that the collar is larger than the Usuall Marelli collar.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Giulietta Ignition switch

Marelli switch is on the left, SAFE switch on the right.
The Marelli has a metal body that you should be able to see by looking under the dash.
The Marelli also has a slightly dished collar with a serrated edge.
Other photo show a Marelli switch installed with the key.
There are probably others that one would find installed in a Giulietta, but these are the 2 that I have found most frequently.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts