Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I know I asked this question 2 years ago but it's taken me that long to get the car (nearly) finished. Somebody did send me something but in that time I've had two PC crashes and lost everything I had.

So refresh -

A 2.0 nord motor with a gas flowed head and running 12mm C&B
(Road max 292°/292° 110°/110° 36°/76°-76°/36°)

With twin 45 Dellortos.

Distributorless ignition by Megajolt - Using a TPS due to the cams.

So - I can do bodywork,rebuild the mechanicals and assemble everything but have no idea what the map should look like - can anybody give me an idea of what it should look like ?

Thanks

Leo

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
The problem is many maps aren't compatible with megajolt software.

I can show you my map, but it's for a 20V Toyota 4 cylinder with 256 degree cams and VVT. You will want to follow the concept, but make the numbers much more relaxed for safety, then take it to a dyno and finish it off.

Don't use these exact numbers. Around idle and lower RPM is fine, but you should run much less timing than this until you are running well and feel like pushing the envelope.

My compression ratio is 11:1, cylinder bore is 81.25mm.

Also, I'm running TPS only as well. 255 KPa = WOT, 0 KPA = 0 throttle....it is NOT manifold pressure. Limitation of the software I'm using.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks - I'm happy to input all the number into the megajolt software - it has got a base map but i'll compare these with it.

I was just hoping that somebody had done this before to give me a bit of a head start - well as soon as I get there I'll post the results.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
That excel program is pretty cool, but I don't like that it doesn't want to know where peak torque is made. The highest cylinder filling is at peak torque, and it effects what you want for ignition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts