Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has the Bosch part number for above mentioned
coil? Mine reads 1.2ohm pri and 5.2K secondary. Have week spark and thought this might be the reason. Reading os secondary seem low.

Calvin

·
Premium Member
26,822 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has the Bosch part number for above mentioned
coil? Mine reads 1.2ohm pri and 5.2K secondary. Have week spark and thought this might be the reason. Reading os secondary seem low.

Calvin
Did you read out your coil wire for 1k ohm resistance? Our L verde rescue project coil wire was completely dead (open) and coil was reading about same as you have. I admit I thought it would start after we replaced wire but we had to change both to get it to start.

Bimmer coil is close to same thing have both but don't have either Bosch part number handy today willk let you know later on today maybe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve!

Did you read out your coil wire for 1k ohm resistance? Our L verde rescue project coil wire was completely dead (open) and coil was reading about same as you have. I admit I thought it would start after we replaced wire but we had to change both to get it to start.

Bimmer coil is close to same thing have both but don't have either Bosch part number handy today willk let you know later on today maybe.
I will measure the coil wire this afternoon. I beleive the car has OEM wires on it and the previous owner replaced them 10K ago. Tried another set with no change. Car is bucking, off and on at low revs and ca feel missing on highway.
Plug wires seem to be the staniless conductor type.
Coil seems to get unusely warm almost hot but was attributing this from being so close to the engine.

Thanks Again!
Calvin

·
Premium Member
26,822 Posts
164 12v v6 Bosch coil part number 0 221 122 344.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts