Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there anything specific to know about how to remove the steering column assembly from a 1993 164?

Does it all just unbolt or is something special needed?

Thanks,

Richard

·
Premium Member
27,009 Posts
Hi,

Is there anything specific to know about how to remove the steering column assembly from a 1993 164?

Does it all just unbolt or is something special needed?

Thanks,

Richard
Are you just trying to remove/change ignition switch?

Here is how to do it on a 91 12v USA spec model: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/164-168-1991-1995/52484-quik-silver-gets-new-ignition-switch-today.html

You don't have to remove steering column from the car. I robbed spare switch out of spare column I already had out so that is why it is in pictures. You pretty much have to remove steering wheel though to keep top steering column cover off the see switch in car to remove locking shear bolt. The facelift euro models and the 24v USA models have a slightly different switch.

·
Premium Member
27,009 Posts
Hi,

am trying to salvage the steering colomn switchgear, ignition included, for use on another Alfa.

Thanks
Removing entire steering column takes some doing to get long adjustment bolt with lever out of bracket under the dash. Not real easy to explain and not sure I have posted pictures of process.

If all you are after is switch gear assembly and ignition switch follow my post above. euro ignition switch is different so maybe remval is different to but you have to find that out for yourself or if a euro spec owner has procedure and chimes in with his post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts