Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hose that connects from the intake plenum to the idle air valve / stabilizer on my 91 spider is in pretty bad shape. After spending an hour searching the interweb I have come up empty handed. Does anyone know of a source for this hose?

thanks,

Darrell

·
Administrator
16,399 Posts
What size is it? For temporary repairs you can use some heater hose. For a permanant repair check Greg Gordon's Hi-Performance Store. He sells silicone, oil-resistant hose. You can buy a kit with everything you need for your car or hose by the foot.

·
Premium Member
13,085 Posts
You need 13mm vacuum hose. The silicone variety is 3.90/ft from IAP.

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
you might get away with an aftermarket hose, but remember the vacuum hose from IAV to hard plastic plenum pipe has 2 different size ends on it, the smaller end connects to the plenum hose, the larger end to the IAV......plus there are 2 different length hoses, depending if your S4 has the rod actuated throttle linkake (early) or cable actuated throttle (late). The later one is a little longer as it joins the big plenum hard plastic pipe a little further up (must be because the hard plastic pipe is slightly different too!)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Looking it up I find that I bought it from DiFatta Bros, not Classic. Maybe it was the oil separator hose that i bought from Classic. I'm at work now and don't have all the info handy. I have 2 numbers written a scrap of paper here, probably the second one is the correct one. 605 20972 C9777 or 605 64746 D9777. $15.00

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
Thanks!

it must have been the OVS hose, you got from ClassicAlfa.
Di Fatta list 60564746 as "none" in stock, they do however list 60520972 as still in stock, so maybe that was it. (Eper list both numbers, being as there are 2 different length hoses, depending on model, for the S4 IAV's)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys:
I too have been searching and searching for this part (I can't pass my smog test until it is replaced), and this is the only thread I've found anywhere that talks about it. Did anyone ever find this part?

I sent an email to Di Fatta asking about it (part 60520972), but haven't hear back yet. Mine is the later 1991 Spider with the rod-actuated throttle (rather than cable). From what is said above it appears the hose I'm looking for is slightly different for the rod-actuated throttle compared to the cable-actuated model. Yes?

I've attached a picture of it. Straightened out it's just over 8 inches (20 cm) in length. The two ends are different diameters: the small one is about 9/16" (1.5 cm) inner diameter and the large one is 7/8" (2.1 cm).

Can anyone help me with that? There is another part number in the Di Fatta catalog (60564746) that might be the one, but they show it as out of stock.

I suppose I could cobble something together that would work, but I'd rather have the correct part. Any help is greatly appreciated!

NorCal Matt
1991 Spider

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Just don't limit your search to US soil. There's a few good parts houses in UK and Germany, also.

And try Ebay for a good used one, or APE aka Alfa Parts Exchange. He WILL have it.

·
Premium Member
13,085 Posts
I always call DiFatta Bros. It is nice to talk to a knowlegeble person. They only sell good quality parts.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Mine is the later 1991 Spider with the rod-actuated throttle (rather than cable). From what is said above it appears the hose I'm looking for is slightly different for the rod-actuated throttle compared to the cable-actuated model. Yes?
Yes, the cable throttle model uses a longer hose. Yours is the shorter version.

Good luck,

Vin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, everyone! Sure enough, Di Fatta had the part, which is amazing considering how many very knowledgeable Alfa guys told me it wasn't available anymore (which actually might be the case for those earlier '91 models with cable-actuated throttles).

Love the car, love this board (use it constantly though I rarely post), love Di Fatta, love Alfistas!

ciao,
Matt

'91 Spider, white and running sweet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts