Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well. Does anyone l ow what the metal strip on the rear floor board is called? And where I can possible order one? It houses small nuts and bolts on its underside which the rear floor carpet screws onto. The under side is slotted so the screws can slide. I will attach a picture of it if I figure out how to post pictures on here.
thanks.
Well. Does anyone l ow what the metal strip on the rear floor board is called? And where I can possible order one? It houses small nuts and bolts on its underside which the rear floor carpet screws onto. The under side is slotted so the screws can slide. I will attach a picture of it if I figure out how to post pictures on here.
thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Contact me at [email protected]. There are four Series 3 owners in Sarasota and many more in the active Florida Alfa Club around the Tampa Bay area.
Harmon
Sarasota
I decided to repair the metal strip myself. Can anyone send me a pic of the under bonnet Light assemble and button switch under the hood that makes the light come on in a 1987 Alfa Spider? Much appreciated. Also if anyone knows where I can order the button and the light, that be great.
thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
Once fixed. it and the trunk light only work when the parking lights are on.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just yesterday I made my own engine compartment light - if you're handy, its quite easy. The important part is to make sure the bulb contacts are isolated from any contact with the metal of the hood when its mounted. Can post a photo if you're interested.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just yesterday I made my own engine compartment light - if you're handy, its quite easy. The important part is to make sure the bulb contacts are isolated from any contact with the metal of the hood when its mounted. Can post a photo if you're interested.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yes, I am interested, and am handy, as I wrote that I was thin about rigging up my own, but want to look cool. Custom or factor. Most importantly, be functional? Any help / Sugges would be appr. I found the button switch today in the car under the hood, but the light has been long gone, and the connection for the button switch is wrong, so I’ll have to rig the whole thing up to work.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here are a couple photos. I wanted to use some sort of plastic holder so I wouldn't have to worry about isolating the contacts from car body metal, but couldn't find anything appropriate. The metal holder was trickier to keep isolated - needed rubber washers, heat shrink wire covering over the rivets studs, etc......

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I think I can do it! Thank you. 🤙
Those look Pro ! Good job. I ended up checking and found that I have factory originals in the trunk, glove box and under the hood. The hood one is broken. I decided to go with stock so I ordered a new one for under the hood., and a couple of correct bulbs! cha Ching! Another $25.bucks!
hopeful, the wiring works! We’ll see.
Harry G.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Update, I fixed the original metal floor metal strip. Banged it out, bondo, sanded. primer and painted.
Harry G.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Update, I fixed the original metal floor metal strip. Banged it out, bondo, sanded. primer and painted.
Harry G.
just throwing this out there,anyone have a a rear BLACK CARPET floor for a 1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate? Used but in Great shape or new is fine. I'm rebuilding the hard floor and am getting close to installing, like to change the back floor carpet while I’m at it.
thanks. SARASOTA fl.
Harry G.

·
Registered
295 Posts
On lights..there a parallel thread post just a bit earlier!!
Not to be cheeky..how about one of those free, blue LED lights from harbor freight. Lives in the glove box, and it moves anywhere needed, stays where put with its integral magnet...did I mention FREE!! Plus it's LED not a glowing incandescent!! No wires, no switch, and no problems...And it's FREE!! LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Can anyone post a drawing of wiring for Under bonnet light to under bonnet switch to Power ?how are the wires ran?
many help would be UGE! Florida... UGE!!
Harry G.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
Black wire to the switch. yellow wire to yellow wire right by the switch. It will be a single pole connector.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts