Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me to identify the owner(s) of the 2 Giulia SS's?
I'm trying to pinpoint the color code of their cars.

It's a deep blue. Absolutely stunning!

Thank you for your time!
Stathy

1963 Spint Speciale
1969 Datsun Roadster
1968 Mustang Shelby Restomod

Attachments

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
The last picture of the SS appears to have been taken at the Nashville Alfa Convention a few years ago. Maybe someone can help you identify the owner that way? I would help you with the paint codes, but I am moving my website to another server.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hi there,

Not sure if I am right, but it could be blu medio AR312. Despite its name, it was a rather dark blue.

See color chart though a pic on a PC might not be the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for this info. Good eye Christopher. I take it you've been there before?

Mbaum thanks for digging up that post on color codes. Interesting shades of blue available. I think you spotted the right one though.
I'm going to dig through the archives to see if i can find the color codes for 63 SS's

Cheers!

·
Administrator
4,188 Posts
The first pictures show a Milan registered Giluia SS on Borrani wire wheels - interesting

I'd take a guess at Blu Olandese, or Dutch blue, AR 343. slightly darker than Blu Medio, but not as dark as Navy blue.

Either way, you could have a small amount mixed up of both & spray them onto a largish panel, like a bonnet & see which colour you prefer - quite simple & a cheap option, especially if you happen to have a spare panel for something lying around which could get a colour coat or two. I'd paint the two halves of the bonnet with the 2 colours,

Blu Medio & Blu Olandese are both stunning colours, you can't go wrong with either of them.

Ciao
Greig
Sunny South Africa
Some 750's
Some 101's
Some 105's
Some others, including a '68 Nissan Silvia 310 Coupe to match your Datsun Roadster.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
The second picture was taken at the Monza Autodrome at the start of the 4th edition of the Coppa Milano-San Remo which was organized from 10 to 12th March 2006.

Driver and co-pilote of the #66 car are : Formiconi and Arpesani.

Luc Colemont
www.frecciadoro.com

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The first pictures show a Milan registered Giluia SS on Borrani wire wheels - interesting

I'd take a guess at Blu Olandese, or Dutch blue, AR 343. slightly darker than Blu Medio, but not as dark as Navy blue.

Either way, you could have a small amount mixed up of both & spray them onto a largish panel, like a bonnet & see which colour you prefer - quite simple & a cheap option, especially if you happen to have a spare panel for something lying around which could get a colour coat or two. I'd paint the two halves of the bonnet with the 2 colours,

Blu Medio & Blu Olandese are both stunning colours, you can't go wrong with either of them.

Some others, including a '68 Nissan Silvia 310 Coupe to match your Datsun Roadster.....
Hi Greig!
Great hearing from you. Sorry for the late response but I just arrived back from a 7 day cruise throught the Mexican Riviera. Absolutely exhausted as well as 6 pounds heavier.
I would love a set of Borrani wheels unfortunately I would have to sell one of my vehicles to afford them. By the way my Roadster was kind enough to park itself beside my Mustang outside in order to leave room for the elder Alfa to be worked on. I'll keep you posted. My rotiserrie just showed up from the States last week so i'm anxious to see how (if) I can hook it up to the SS.
Thank you for the info. When ready I will mix up a few small batches and see which one I like better.

cheers!
Stan

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The second picture was taken at the Monza Autodrome at the start of the 4th edition of the Coppa Milano-San Remo which was organized from 10 to 12th March 2006.

Driver and co-pilote of the #66 car are : Formiconi and Arpesani.

Luc Colemont
www.frecciadoro.com
Thank you so much for this info Luc! I didn't expect anyone but the driver of the vehicle to answer my question.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.
Cheers!
Stan

·
Administrator
14,622 Posts
Wouldn't wire wheels upset the carefully designed aerodynamics??

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts