Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my latest project, a 1977 Spider, there was a new in the box carpet set from Caribou. I realize now it is futile to get any information out of Caribou, so I am appealing to my fellow Alfisti. I can't seem to figure out what goes where. I am a retired engineer and always thought I was pretty darned smart, but I can't get it.
I have identified four of the eight pieces. One is the piece that covers both front floor wells and goes under the console. Another is the piece that goes in the rear, around the tub under the top and on the rear package shelf. Two others are the floor mats for the front. The remaining pieces are matching pairs that go God knows where. I am attaching pictures of them. There does not seem to be continuous pieces that would cover the door sills in one piece. Am I missing something in my old age?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
You Too?

Maybe I can latch on to your thread.

I also have a 77' spider and got a new carpet set from Automobilia in the Netherlands.

My 77 spider had carpet on the sills and infront of the seats...everything else was rubber mat or vinyl behind the seats.

The kit I got has full trunk carpet as well...I bet there are 16 pcs in all. It has been so cold I haven't had a chance to mess with it but I know it is gonna drive me nuts.

Any diagrams would help.

Ignorantly yours,

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also purchased the kit from Automobilia from NL. There are 18 pcs and some of them don't even make sense at all. I sent several emails to them asking for identification of these pcs and couldn't give me the right answers. Wasted lot of money for nothing. The only part that fit was driver and passenger carpet and sill. Rest don't fit. As far as trunk carpet goes, only two pcs in the trunk fit and the rest didn't :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts