Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
‘84 Spider 2.0
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am browsing the internet for a carburetor rebuild kit for my 84 EU Spider 2.0, equipped with Solex carbs.
I found the text on the car Solex 40.ADDHE and a small aluminium label says "1154804 01100".
In the webshops there are 2 different gasket kits offered, one for "Solex 40ADDHE 20/24/29", the other is for "Solex 40ADDHE 32".

On the pictures I found only one difference: the small copper pin in the middle of the membrane has a "mushroom" shape, the other one has a slot,

How can I tell which one I need for my carbs? I don't want to disassemble the carbs until I don't have the membranes at hand, and of course I dont want to order the false ones (posting abroad is time + money...)

Question #2: can the trumpets offered for Weber DCOE40 mounted on these Solex 40s too? I love the raw noise of the suction which is now damped by the air filter.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Wood Font Motor vehicle Gas Tints and shades
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grey Automotive design Rim
Musical instrument Gas Household hardware Handwriting Font
Musical instrument Gas Circle Fashion accessory Composite material

·
Registered
1980 Eurospec S2 Spider
114 Posts
You missed one other difference between the 2 different diaphragms: the Solid (mushroom-shaped) Cam diaphragm has 8 holes while the Slotted Cam diaphragm has 6 holes. Use a mirror on a telescoping handle to look at the accelerator pump cover on the underside of your carbs and count the number of screws in the pump cover: 6 or 8. With a very strong light, you may even be able to see whether you have the solid or slotted cam under the end of the pump lever that is in the middle of the pump cover. I know for sure that model 27 and 32's 40ADDHE's were used on Alfettas but I do not know if they were used on Spiders.
And yes the horns for Webers and Dellortos will fit your Solexes, as long as they are for 40s and not for 45s/48s.
Circle Auto part Gas Metal Fashion accessory
Musical instrument Automotive tire Rim Alloy wheel Automotive wheel system

1 - 2 of 2 Posts