Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1941 - 1960 of 2607 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to show a sneak peek of an unpublished shoot that you might enjoy.

The Whole Car - AlfaBB

This was a beautiful Sprint GT Veloce that I shot down on the Italian coast near Savona.

Cheers,

Sam
Thank you,
it gives me the courrage. I managed to start the engine after 30 years of cessation.
I have to replace the four brake discs and calipers, hydraulic clutch control, the exhaust system, and I have a gas leak in the tank.
I'm going to sand the bodywork.
Cheers

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
[
QUOTE=brad fischer;6123697]amalfi, Looking good, very similar look to my GTV. What rim offset did you buy and what size tires?
[/QUOTE]

Great photo of your GTV, Brad. The parking garage gives it just the right "industrial" background and lighting to the svelte Bertone design.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Parking Garage Alfa Phot-op

180OUT, I worked at building that parking garage for almost a year and only brought my GTV there twice to show one of my electrician co-workers. We both thought it was an excellent photo-op.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Brad...the last photos (large ones) in the garage have the 15" GTA replica wheels..Correct? I like the look of the 14" but realize that rubber choices are limited.....D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My 64 GT

My 64 Step Nose Coupe....I'm pleased to announce that it was selected by FCA to be on display at the upcoming New York Auto Show as part of the Alfa Romeo display.....

2012-12-02_13-52-19_554.jpg

2012-12-02_13-52-33_168.jpg

2013-04-14_13-27-33_554.jpg

2013-04-14_13-27-50_867.jpg

Dino

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
501 Red S2 Euro/Canadian 1750 GTV

This GTV I used to own was less than 100 cars after the change from S1 to S2 1750 GTVs. Not sure if I ever scanned and posted this photo on the ABB. Sold this GTV to ARCC Toronto member about 15 years ago. The GTV was quite active in club slaloms time trials, fun rallies and ARCC & AROC conventions but the most interesting to me was he drove it back and forth from Toronto to Newfoundland to Toronto to enter and run it in the Targa Newfoundland. I watched the rally on TV and saw many clips of the car in the competition. I think this GTV has a nice history.

I made an ABB garage for this GTV as well as 2 other GTVs I have owned.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
This GTV I used to own was less than 100 cars after the change from S1 to S2 1750 GTVs.
These cars have a timeless beauty that only comes from great creative minds. The Italians in this period seemed to be able to do that better than anybody---and the GTV is a perfect example. The first time I saw one (a Sprint GT on the cover of Road & Track), I was captivated. For my tastes the 2nd series European model 1750's are the best of the lot. Better headlights, 4.10 rear end, better seats, small taillights, Webers (not that Spica is bad) made for a more attractive, esthetically pleasing package than the US version cars. Of course I'm biased because I have one . . .

·
Registered
464 Posts
These cars have a timeless beauty that only comes from great creative minds. The Italians in this period seemed to be able to do that better than anybody---and the GTV is a perfect example. The first time I saw one (a Sprint GT on the cover of Road & Track), I was captivated. For my tastes the 2nd series European model 1750's are the best of the lot. Better headlights, 4.10 rear end, better seats, small taillights, Webers (not that Spica is bad) made for a more attractive, esthetically pleasing package than the US version cars. Of course I'm biased because I have one . . .
Well, each to their own...however I don't think there's any difference in headlights between S1 & S2 1750's, and the flying buttress seats of the S1 are much more stylish that the flat buckets of the S2. Both have small tail-lights and the S1 is cleaner without the front side indicators.
But then again, I'm biased.

Cheers,
Wazza.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Well, each to their own...however I don't think there's any difference in headlights between S1 & S2 1750's, and the flying buttress seats of the S1 are much more stylish that the flat buckets of the S2.
In the states the headlights of the US 1750's were entirely different: sealed beam high/low beans on the outside and the inside was a manually switched, largely useless, fog light. The European specific cars have much brighter lights overall while the inside light was a high beam controlled from the standard switch. Being in OZ there's little chance of actually coming across a US market 1750, but if you did, you'd be surprised at the differences. Not all were bad (Spica mechanical injection is good) but the cars were much different. Overall, the European specific 1750's always seemd more winsome in many subtle ways.

As for seats, the flying buttress seats never seemd as comfortable to me as the later seats. Given a choice I'd always choose the latter, regardless of the better styling of the former. But then, Alfa GTV seats, were never particularly comfortable. Period Recaros were much, much better.

1941 - 1960 of 2607 Posts