Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1881 - 1900 of 2628 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I will guess bhart has 195/65/14 or 185/70/14 on the 14x6''rims. I would lower it an inch to suit my tastes, but it looks like it just rolled off the dealers lot (despite the rims, lack of front bumper, twin pipes and Nardi wheel).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for the compliments.

The ride height though is a matter of necessity - our roads suck!
I'm hoping the sump guard won't have to be used.

I'll get an exact size on the Michelins when I get back to the storage garage. 14's are a rare size nowadays. These 'French' pneus come from Japan.

·
Registered
846 Posts
:shifty::shifty:How much time did you spend getting the front and back wheels & tyres to be aligned?
And I agree with Wazza, too much air getting under the car

·
Registered
141 Posts
:shifty::shifty:How much time did you spend getting the front and back wheels & tyres to be aligned?
And I agree with Wazza, too much air getting under the car
Had it on an alignment rack (with the stock steel wheels) and just set the front toe-in... everything else was reasonable square.

I checked through the files for the car and the springs were not changed. It did spend a few years without weight on the front suspension (engine/trans out) and it has not been driven for the past 7 years (!?!) so it may still settle naturally. There is a picture of the car from 20+ years ago - I'll try and locate it for comparison.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
Alfas were set up this way from new to handle real life roads. You know, pot holes, cobblestones etc.
Lower and stiffer is great on a smooth race track, but not onb rough roads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paint/rust work needed in Brisbane

Hi guys, can anyone in Brisbane recommend or endorse a smash repairs for a minor bingle, and paintwork, and possible rust repair for my 1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Saw the car on TradeMe and thought it looked pretty good. There was a 1750 GTV down here back in the `80`s which appears to be the same colour - I used to call it Dinky toy turquoise as a lot of my Dinky and Matchbox toys were similar colours (1960`s)- so it may be original if no sign of a colour change. That car had a tan interior so appears same combination as yours but may have been a South African assembled car - it`s just too long ago and the car has disappeared from the local scene. It looked good and different from the usual hues.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hehe , I've got a matchbox Daimler V8 that I've had since the 1960's in this colour, I think the car was originally dark green, its black under the bonnet and green in the boot, the spider for sale in Auck appears to be the same colour though so maybe its an original colour , had to buy it to stop it going your way.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Fun and Family at the ItalianCarFest

This is after the ItalinCarFest in Grapevine Texas this past weekend. A great time was had by all. And it was especially wonderful for me to share the day with my family (wife taking pic.). This event is hosted by our club, The Italian Car Club of the Southwest for 11 years now. What a nice Day!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi guys, can anyone in Brisbane recommend or endorse a smash repairs for a minor bingle, and paintwork, and possible rust repair for my 1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce?
Try JH Classics at Yatala 0438324959 and this is there facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JHClassicCarRestorations They do mostly Austin Healey work but have done Alfa projects

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
New to me GT Junior 1300 , I think its original apart from the colour
There was a 1750 in this, or a very similar, colour near my Melbourne (Australia) home for many years through the 80's and 90's. It was an original factory colour verified by the owner (the original family) and Beninca motors who serviced it for most of its life.

·
Registered
76 Posts
First Alfa!

IMG_3883.jpg
Here is my new 71 GT1300Junior with a 2000 heart in. looking forward to get som etiops from you guys! Car was driven home to Sweden from Germany. I think it had too much of the pedal; head twisted and now I am working to get it back on track again... rest of car and body is nice!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Handsome coupe! Please tell us the color... Im guessing french blue?

Id love to see a picture that also shows the interior, im considering this color and looking to see if it works with black interior.

...couldn´t help it, i had to have these stickers!
At least it looks a little faster now...:laugh:

View attachment 641953

·
Registered
115 Posts
It´s french blue, or "Blu francia".
I really love this colour.
The interiour is black, as you can see.
I saw versions in french blue with brown seats.
To me black fits it better....

P1100795.jpg

1881 - 1900 of 2628 Posts