Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 2628 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sir I am absolutely floored by your car. Its at the top of the finest GTV's I have ever seen. I cant even relate to how someone could keep a car so pristine for so long. Im sure you have a great story as to how you acquired it?
You are one lucky fellow!
The value of your car will reach that # I am sure. I would be happy if mine reached half that someday.
Enjoy, I can tell just by the pictures that she is special...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Schuey, Your 1750 is pristine looking. Your GTV should keep looking that way for decades. My S2 Euro/Canadian 1750 is a close relative to yours but my Alfa has 10X the mileage that your car has and still looks reasonable.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. I realize I'm extremely fortunate to have such a desirable GT in close to new condition.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
New to me last weekend .. Paint isn't in the least bit original, should be AR757 light metallic silver.. Full of rust but mechanically amazing :)

Should help me with withdrawal symptoms as the bloke** who is restoring my Duetto is taking frickin years.
Yes the doors are a slightly different colour, only shows in pics?
I'm not touching or adding anything more to it (I did the wheels), just gonna drive it.
.... that twinspark can whisper from the shed all it wants, can't hear you, nope, not gonna happen.

**me :)

As an aside, anybody ever seen door cards like this in a '73 1600 GTJunior, are they right??

·
Registered
846 Posts
New to me last weekend .. Paint isn't in the least bit original, should be AR757 light metallic silver.. Full of rust but mechanically amazing :)

Should help me with withdrawal symptoms as the bloke** who is restoring my Duetto is taking frickin years.
Yes the doors are a slightly different colour, only shows in pics?
I'm not touching or adding anything more to it (I did the wheels), just gonna drive it.
.... that twinspark can whisper from the shed all it wants, can't hear you, nope, not gonna happen.

**me :)

As an aside, anybody ever seen door cards like this in a '73 1600 GTJunior, are they right??

Nope, door cards, steering wheels and seats are not original,

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
You realise this just gives me an excuse to change them :)

What are they out off?
(already swapped the wheel for a wooden personnel)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fantastic photos all, heres one of my gtj at a recent track day - although a little apprehensive at first, they feel really good on track, and seemed pretty unburstable. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are some photos of my restored 1969 U.S. spec GTV. I did a bare-metal body restoration and a complete mechanical rebuild. Hope you find her pleasing.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Finally have the new wheels on the Alfa;

New, 'pattern copy' wheels that look right.

Pretty happy with the final result.

And finally the fifth wheel. Also looks correct.

Still running a little ragged because it sits around too long. Just a few laps of the yard this morning got it running a little smoother. May have to pull the carbs if it doesn't come around but that's a job best left for the Canadian winter.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Looking good. The door mirror is to far forward, driver may have view blocked by vent window frame. There is a specified distance for the mirror from the door leading edge.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looking good. The door mirror is to far forward, driver may have view blocked by vent window frame. There is a specified distance for the mirror from the door leading edge.
Unfortunately, much of that work was done before I got involved. Regarding the mirror, I did replace the self-tapping screws installed by the body shop with nicer, riv-nuts so it actually stays in place.

I spent a lot of time correcting fasteners on this car. Too many jobs were done quickly with an electric drill and self drilling screws. Flat-rate workmanship.

·
Registered
429 Posts
tires

Wazza, I think you're right in suggesting to lower the car about an inch or two perhaps, but the tire size seems to be the right size for a road car.:)

1861 - 1880 of 2628 Posts